1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO XenForo - Feedback, bugs & more

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. God Emperor

God Emperor

2. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

That add-on only appears to provide a member with a way of keeping track of how many likes he's given - it doesn't provide the figure as a standard displayed attribute of every member, as vB does?

However, on reflection I'm not sure how popular a restoration of a likes-given counter would now be, because all the likes-given on the vB site that accumulated over the years have presumably been lost, and folks would have to start again!

3. DSNY

DSNY BANNED

I guess the Avatar issue is turning out to be a bitch to resolve?

Big Bamboo! and santino27 like this.
  4. S-type

The Avatar issue is out of my reach. It's down to cayne (the site owner) and the tech guy(s).

Flippy likes this.
  5. crack_pipe112

crack_pipe112 Ten Years of Phun

Anyone else get a blank window or tab that pops up every time you click on a link in the forum or any thread or post you click on? What is going on here?

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  6. S-type

That doesn't sound like anything anybody else has reported so far!? Clear your browsing history and cookies - that may help?

7. God Emperor

God Emperor

Earlier if you click on say Celebrity Section,it took you to a separate page where it showed only the forums under Celebrity Section including Sub forums .Now clicking on Celebrity Section only takes you to the Home Page

8. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Actually this is a phone problem.

Reading crack pipe's post reminded me of when the change first took and I was peeking in on the phone.

Went back and tried it again and yes, clicking anything on my Android in a chrome browser results in opening the page but a blank page too.

Yeesh.

9. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Turning of the mobile version worked for me no more blank pages

Sonicboom and MadamMeow like this.
  10. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Thanks for the tip! :)

Sonicboom likes this.
  11. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. 15 Year Member

When are we getting a decent banner back up there, get the Phun flag flying!

Place looks like a spreadsheet right now.

12. crack_pipe112

crack_pipe112 Ten Years of Phun

I am using my tablet and blank tabs/pages show up when I click on something

13. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Still going to the first page (not latest page) when click on most thread titles

14. DSNY

DSNY BANNED

I'm confused why people keep mentioning this.
    Why don't you click the little round circle next to the thread title 'go to last unread' ?
    I use this all the time on things like the celeb gif topic.
    The other option is click the date stamp (on the right side of page) which shows the last post....it will take you to the last post of that topic. This is useful for a topic where you have already viewed the last post (using little round button) but want to go back to the last post for another look.

If it's (say) a celeb event photo topic I want to go to the first post, where the pictures are, not half way down the page to the last comment.

Merlin and TheloniousMonk like this.
  15. Smoopy

It only shows up if there is a new post, which is fine, but I often go back to see other recent posts. I don't see it if I have already been there.
    If you clear cookies etc the circle may show up again but I'm not going to reset all the time.

The date thing I get, but getting sick of scrolling every time across to the other side of every page.
    You can call me lazy, but I don't see why it cant be set up as the old Phun threads had.

Just clicking a thread title - why would you want it to go to the first post back in 2004 or something.
    A lot of people will grow tired of this after a while. Just watch.

16. S-type

The facilities are the same, Smoopy, but presented differently, which you'll presumably get used to?

I'm surprised you find it unusual that clicking the thread title takes you to the first post in the thread, because I seem to recollect that's what it did on the vB version of phun.org! ;)

17. Smoopy

I have only been here for 10 years ... but .. ;)

for example:
    On the vB version I clicked the Celeb Gifs thread title previously and it went to the last page.
    I do that now and I go to the first page.

I understand the Celeb forums work differently and go backwards, with most recent post always on the first page to the top, but these are special cases obviously.

But since all is ok here with everyone on this issue, don't worry about little old me.

S-type likes this.
  18. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We're learning that some things; should be fixed, can be changed, or are tough shit.
    I think this one falls in the last group unfortunately. Any XenForo forums I have visited have the same issue. Even bookmarking the last page of a thread does not work when new pages are added.

19. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

There was a setting in vB that you could view posts in either ascending or descending order. I haven't found a similar setting here.

On the index page I can choose a thread and go to the last page listed. Click and the thread comes up. Sometimes, not always mind you, a First unread button will appear. Click and you get to the latest post you haven't seen.

20. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

The avatar thing can likely be fixed fairly easy its a simple fix regarding a value (number) that is wrong in the software. The problem is that none of us admins have access to that area in the software therefore cayne or isprime will have too look at it.