1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Long Farewell...

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Kaleidoscope, Apr 7, 2012.

1. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

Courage.

2. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

No official news, yet?

3. Lord Of The Sith

Lord Of The Sith

I agree with Jams, we should have a tribute for Kaleidoscope. That way if he makes it back he can see the outpouring of prays and thoughts and so on and if he doesn't make it back to us we'll have a way to remember him. I did not know him well we only spoke on a few ocassions. The first thing he ever asked me is who my avatar was (whihc by the way I still have no idea). I am going to post her here so everyone can see a large version of her and I will think of Kaleidoscope everytime I see her as well.

[​IMG]

Good luck Kaleidoscope and thanks for exploring the other side for us.

4. d0ns7er

d0ns7er

Leah xoxo

Loser and Ramsfan like this.
  5. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Unfortunately we may never receive any official news.

This thread will ultimately be placed in the Hall of Fame as a tribute to him.

Loser, Ramsfan, JDoeson69 and 10 others like this.
  6. lil' wutz

lil' wutz U can't touch this ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

7. Classyvixenart

Classyvixenart Punkdubious

:( Please - someone tell me they have heard from Kaliedescope..

Fuck. man I would have taken your place buddy - in a heartbeat without a second thought...
    You never ceased to put a smile on my face... for no reason - just seeing your name in my inbox did that.

I hope I get to tell you that someday. GodSpeed my friend...till we meet again...and we shall. <3 <3

Loser, JDoeson69 and A.tab like this.
  8. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

Hi. My name is George. My brother Jack, you know him as kaleidoscope, asked me to use this account for an update on his condition. Short story is that he went through hell over the last few weeks but he is still with us. When it got bleak, the docs tried CD40 monoclonal antibody and he's responding to it. Its not a cure. His doc says that it will add some time.
    And lessen the pain.

He wanted me to let you know that he appreciates all r kind words that you guys made in this. I read them him and I helps him get through the days. He will personally thank everyone if he gets strong enough. Day-by day. I will let you know when the time comes if my brother doesn't improve further.

Thanks for being Jack's friend.

George Ryan

Loser, LiquidVapors, sip and 27 others like this.
  9. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

George I want to personally thank you for the update. All of us here sends our thoughts and prayers to 'Scope and your family. Please keep us informed as you can.

Loser and A.tab like this.
  10. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I thank you for the update. I know how hard this is on Family. just be there for him and give him all of our best wishes.

the update means a lot to us.

Loser, Merlin and A.tab like this.
  11. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Thanks for the update George. Jack is a part of our phun family.

Merlin likes this.
  12. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Thankyou George and continued best wishes and prayers for your brother.

Merlin likes this.
  13. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Thank You George your brother has made an impression on all of us here and it saddens us that he has to deal with this horrendous illness.

14. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Thank you for the update, I hope the new treatment helps K with the pain and hopefully lengthens his life and returns some quality to the time he has left.

15. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Thanks for the update George. I appreciate the news that he's responding to the drugs, even for just a little bit.

16. JDoeson69

JDoeson69 Phun's Faux-Canadian Ten Years of Phun

Oh man...I just noticed this thread, after being away for some time. I did not know 'Scope as well I as I know some of you guys, but damn, I'm dumbstruck by this news! I remember making a sig for him, I believe that was the first time we talked. I remember he always had really cool sigs and avatars, all "'scope-themed"...haha. I'm at a loss of words to express my sorrow. Reading this news really made me take a second look at my life. I've been going through what I thought have been tough times, two of my best friends and I have been fighting non-stop...but reading this, even those fights seem damn trivial. Life is so fragile, and too often it takes tragedy for people to realize it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, 'Scope. When you arrive in heaven, you better have a few shots for yourself, and send us a postcard! :)

LiquidVapors and Classyvixenart like this.
  17. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

I am glad in his time of illness he still thinks enough of us to have somebody in his personal life communicate with his virtual family here on the web. Tell Jack we all wish him well and thanks for giving us the finality regardless of the news. I know it must be tough on you as well.

18. RayveFan

RayveFan

I have not been around lately but my thoughts and prayers are with you Kaleidoscope.
    This forum is full of caring people who care about you.

19. 2salacious

2salacious BANNED

Very sorry to hear the news, but it sounds like your facing this with courage and that I truly admire. Thank you for your Janet story, I really liked it.

20. Talk4Talk

Talk4Talk

You can only beleive he's on the second journey

LiquidVapors likes this.