1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Celebrity X-Ray Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by ericjlars, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Terkay

Terkay

There seems to be such a lack of decent all around exposure these days from celebs. Ones you'd care about anyway. Yeah the Dakota Johnson stuff is great, and the x-ray is about the best ever, but why couldn't that have been Jessica Alba haha? I blame the demise of the mens mags. It's the same people all the time otherwise. Kardashians, Lohan, Cyrus, friggin' Maitland Ward!

2. Terkay

Terkay

Based off of the Dakota Johnson pics I'd really like to see iCeleb's attempt at these two Rita Ora pics specifically:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Randy_Mann

Randy_Mann

Whoa. I did some work on the image. Thought it came out reasonably well but had no way to post it because I had no name to go with it. I've been reading past posts. I started with #1
    and am up to 500 now. C-through has been stressing add a name to images since very very early in the history of
    this thread. There's a simple solution: If a name isn't provided a mod simply removes the post. It won't take long for the word to get around. I may be a noob here, but this ain't my
    first rodeo.

As for "Take the other's advice and ply your trade in this thread here: http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=441171
    It's a more appropriate thread given that you modify your x-rays with unnatural artifacts (I doubt Julia Stiles tits actually look that weird naked). Give the FakeRay Thread a try."

I've been going over this thread since its inception. Post #1 (which has 348 thanks) lists 3 steps for Xray.

Step 3 - Obtaining "X-Ray" look

- Next, go to "Image" --> "Adjustments" --> "Levels." From there you can play with the slide bar to achieve the best effect.
    - From here you can start to get artistic, play with other levels like, colour, contrast, brightness,
    and most importantly the "Dodge" and "Burn" tools to perfect it.

That's the original concept of the member who started this thread. As I said I'm up to post #500 and haven't come across a rule change yet.

As a matter of fact, this is the second image ericjlars (thread originator) posted along with the original.

[​IMG]

I understand enough about photoshop to know that x-rayed image could not have been produced without dodge and burn.

Since that's obviously the intent, indeed the method, the thread originator not only allowed, but used; what's the problem?
    Am I taking this thread in the wrong direction because I'm using tools used by the thread originator? Or are others modifying the thread by imposing restrictions never intended by
    the originator?

And is this what you think Ashlee Simpson's tits really look like?

[​IMG]

It was posted by Terrapin, one of the great contributors to this thread.
    And nobody complained.

So why the sudden restrictions on what effects may or may not be applied/used.
    Hell most of the critics can't load an image to photoshop, much less attempt an x-ray. Yet they think themselves to be experts as to which tools should be allowed and which should be banned.
    This is the thread version of "Alice Through the Looking Glass".

DrGontzo likes this.
  4. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I ain't reading all that. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. Randy_Mann

Randy_Mann

Translation:
    "I have no reasonable response to such logic."

Can you read that?

This may be my last post if you want. But if you can't wade through a post that should take less than 60 seconds, I have to wonder why you are a moderator.

6. Regulatori

Regulatori

Jeezus some of you guys are sensitive.

7. couger81

couger81

Yes Terrapin used Dodge and burn when this thread first opened and before it was frowned upon, so nowadays go the the Fakeray thread if you want to use Dodge and burn. :)

8. anvilusa

anvilusa

Ariel Winter

[​IMG]

9. mmikehunt

mmikehunt ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Sarcastic Sumbitch

I'd like to start a pool to bet how long this noob lasts here.

Who wants in?

10. ecd127

ecd127

Looks like the new Twitpic with Emanuelle Chriqui may be see-through, though quality is poor

[​IMG]

11. Owney

Owney ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think the bet is if Randy_Man has been banned already.

12. l2edl2azor

l2edl2azor

Not sure why dodge and burn are frowned upon? Dodging and burning have been used for years in darkrooms everywhere. Both are applied to negatives/images for enhancement and actually do the opposite of each other. Their use is well within the spirit of the thread and indeed were listed and used by the OP and others. Work I find that should be the fakeray thread would include any image that had been overlayed with another to get a desired effect. Nothing is artificially added in an X-ray image. Thanks to all who contribute and give thanks. It's what keeps this great thread going. Remember to not feed the trolls while you're here.

1 person likes this.
  13. tacomaguy20

tacomaguy20

Found this from back in 2011, thought it was kinda relevant.

1 person likes this.
  14. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Charli XCX (wasted :D)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  16. mark.thomas

mark.thomas

Kendall Jenner

Someone can probably do a hell of a better job than I have but I gave it a got.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. djskribbles

djskribbles

Kendall Jenner:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17 people like this.
  18. iCeleb

iCeleb ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

19. choi

choi ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

20. joedefi

joedefi

man i tried, but there isn't much we can see

[​IMG]

DrGontzo, CioLo, Fapuccino and 2 others like this.