1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

One word posts screwing threads

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by gaphugs, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Pussies. :p

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  2. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

You sure aren't, I've seen some of your comments in the Ladyboy threads

:D

3. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

I've told you personally how much I like your unique mixture of boy and girl bits P4, I just like to look though, I don't swing that way. ;)

Perfect4ths likes this.
  4. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Hurdy Gurdy Man ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

The models that pose in Nuts do much more than just appear in the magazine. To a lot of UK fans they are celebrities. Take Amy Green for example, she has appeared with many Navy people and other armed forces for her shoots. Amy Green and the like belong(s) in the celeb section on here. :2cent:

As for the mentioned topic, nothing can be done rule wise. It would make the mods' work even more difficult. :confused:

5. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Agreed, a lot of the nuts models are 'our' Lohan's, Electras, Andersons etc

6. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

vbulletin has a minimum charictor count that may help
    set it at 10 and make someone put more than on word

7. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

But what about my million thread? :shocked:

8. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

didnt think of that sid
    sorry
    scrap my idea then
    sorry.

irish-sid likes this.
  9. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

That's not something we want to do. But I like the discussion that has come as a result of this thread and I agree with a lot of what has been said. I personally don't like it when checking all the active threads and seeing one word posts or repetitive smileys over and over. I was hoping that the 'thanks' button introduction would be good whereby people could use that when they didn't have something meaningful to contribute. I thank quite a lot of model threads because I don't want to post the same comments in all of them, and I agree with gaps when he says that good threads can quickly disapear to the bowels because of this. Milestone threads have always been a landmark at phun and much celebrated, but they can lose their value when they're achieved as a result of the above.

10. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

If I have nothing more to say except :wank: and still want to thanks the poster for sharing his/her content which I just downloaded then I just use the "thanks" button cause that is much easier and still makes the point heard.

But once in a while I just may have something somewhat intelligent to say and then I do use a post to say those intelligent words, cause then a click on the button just wont do the trick!

it is just as simple as that!

11. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

The issue is three pages of :wank: - not one, two, three, four or even five :wank:'s or smiles or 'nice tits' posts.

We ALL do that! (not all, but)

It is only a number of post boosters, and a very small number - the issue was prevelent again today and new posts have been lost.

12. DirtyCa$h

DirtyCa$h I'll make ya famous!

this will be my last post here in this thread..
    and i will try to be on my best behavior..

ok, lets recap..

1: you don't like people posting in 20-30 posts in a row..

2: you don't like single word of single smiley comments..

right?

ok then..

first of all, if you people think we do it to raise our post count you're sadly mistaken..
    there are plenty of spam threads to do that in..

yes, post count and color change are fun, and a big reason why phun is so fun..
    but that's all it is, FUN!

i do not feel in any way it makes me better, or more important, or less bound to the rules..
    i try to follow them the best i can, and respect other members along the way..
    although i've had my share of "should've just kept my mouth shut" incidents.. like this one..

and as for milestones, you can ask around, i am very reluctant to post them..
    yes, i love making them, but i post so much i don't want people to resent me for always have milestones posted..
    and once they're sticky i cant wait for them to go down, for the same reason..

and 9 milestones out of 35,000+ posts is hardly going overboard..
    and for your info i wasn't planning on doing any more til 50k..

ok then, back on topic..

1: i for one am ONLY here for celebs, i could give a rats ass about the other forums..
    i am also here to chat with friends i've made in my brief time here..

so when i log on everyday there are usually about 2-3 pages of new, or adds, threads i need to catch up in..

and im not one of these "addicts" that only wank over one celeb, i love plenty of them..
    i have over 170,000 pics @ over 100GB, most of which i got during my time here.

so yes, when i find a post hot, or sexy, or amazing, or gorgeous, or stunning, or elegant.. you get my point..
    i'm gonna post it, along with a thanks for the work for posting it.

just the other day i gave out 230 thanks in my catching up, but only commented in about 20..
    and i had 7 pages to catch up in for missing the day before..
    that's hardly spamming to raise post count!

and just so you know, i don't 'bump' too many posts from page 2 or 3, unless it is a really good post..

most of the threads i comment/bump are already on page 1, so all im doing is reorganizing the posts already there..

also, there are times of the day when the celebs goes nowhere, its so dead the threads don't even move..
    so i could post in 20-30 threads in 1-2 hours but it would still seem like i did it all at once..
    not that i'm not guilty of doing a lot at once..

and since i do occasionally post pics, its helps a great deal to go through every thread to see what's been posted..

2: are you really crying cause people only post one smiley? :roll:

would you rather have people post..

oh i'm so fucking hard right now..

or, i just blew a load all over myself..

or, i so wanna fuck her in her ass..

yeah, that's just what i wanna read, be happy we have the smilies we do..

and what if i'm a one word kind of guy? what, i'm supposed to change for you?
    i'm not like ares, he is a man of many words, and a well spoken person.
    sorry to bring you into this ares!

and 3: if we are gonna rant about these topics, i have a new one..

how bout we don't hold 2-3 people conversations in the threads!

one member comments, then another responds, and the first replies again, and so on..
    so by the time the adds get here they have to go on page 2 or 3..

talk about inconsiderate!

that's all i have to say, now i'm gonna go back to having phun the way i always have, unless a mod tells me otherwise..

Insomniac and MileHigh like this.
  13. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I get the feeling that you think that this thread was directed only at you.

Noodle Panda likes this.
  14. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

This whole topic is rather Paradoxical - those who says they post a smiley in recognition of the hard work of the pic poster are the same people that are pushing other peoples 'hard work' out of existance.

And to be clear as the OP, the thread was not started with you in mind, I am not crying either, I started the thread so we could discuss it.

Secondly, posting in every thread does not simply re-organise it, it bumps a full page down - I agree with you about the comments between members in threads, more so in the sig and gif threads though I'd say.

I think it is not important if someone posts a smiley or ' I am so hard right now' if they do so in 40 threads, the net result is the same.

Lastly, I hope I haven't come across as ranting (I'm not behind the door with a rant or two)

15. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

we want a busy board, i for one actually prefer replies over [​IMG] (a reply keeps a thread alive, and a "thoughtful" comment might add more), i don´t expect an elaborated essay as a comment in a thread - if something is "hot" why not call it that way, but...
    i´m beginning to establish a personal issue with this :wank: - "smiley". but that´s my problem, of course. maybe this emoticon is just a little overworked recently and turned to be a state of mind instead just representing an emotion....

Ramsfan and X-Spectre like this.
  16. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

PAH! Noob ;)

17. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Hurdy Gurdy Man ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

That's probably the main reason why people use the mentioned smiley, to comment/reply on a thread when the celebrity section is extremely busy with lots of threads being posted in a day. :)

Sometimes that is all you can really say or do to catch up in that section of the forum. Especially if you have limited time to be on here. :)

18. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Nothing personal, but I see 'readabk' has managed to bump threads with ZERO comments and posted in the last 12 hours to page 4.

A real shame, some posts have less than 300 hundred views as a result. I've tracked this over the last few days and with out the 'one word bump' these threads could expect 1k + views.

Just to underline my point markyamrk posts 'Olivia Munn @ The 'Dear John' Los Angeles Premiere 2/1/10 LQ' Head shots of, lets face it, not the best looker or most popular. That thread, in the absence of mass single word posting, has 500+ views and remains middle of page one.

That compare to the less than three hundred views a 'more popular' girl got in 16 hours (because she was bumped.

19. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

gaps,
    im confused, can you explain that a little different, so i can understand what your saying, i think i get it it, but... not suite sure

ok i have a dumb idea, but i like it.
    we have a thanks button and it works to a degree,
    but what if they could make us a :wank: button
    just click it and in place of the name appearing as "X-Spectre (01-28-2010)"
    it would appears as "X-Spectre :wank:ed (01-28-2010)"

i dont think it can be done, but i think i would be neat.

phun has always been the place of one word sentences, it just is.
    ive said a lot of times i wish there was more talking on this board,
    thats one of my favorite things to do here.

Jack Tripper likes this.
  20. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

I see what you're saying but you probably should have used another example because Munn is really popular here

MileHigh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.