1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss this notice click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

LEAKS Jennifer Lawrence - Leaked Pics

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by spiderswims, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terminusbiggus

terminusbiggus It's all good

You know, for everyone who is talking about these stupid celebrities trusting the clouds remember that Apple and Microsoft and IBM and Verizon and ATT and Google and lots of others are telling everyone that the cloud is the future, that it will replace hard drives and DVDs in the future. And they've been told that its safe, not just Justin Verlander but businesses and everyone. Now maybe it's foolish to trust anyone but it's not like these folks are morons. Now while I'm sure that everyone on Phun has super secure passwords that they change at random, different password for everything, that are randomly generated not everyone has that.

2 people like this.
  2. tcp_ip

tcp_ip

Terminus,

They say this because it's about $$$$. I just got back from VMworld, and everyone was selling the cloud...

3. paulsworld

paulsworld In your mom's toy drawer

She might be an Oscar winner but that jacked up looking body isn't even worth a Razzie.

4. Uncle_Rigs

Uncle_Rigs ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

The pics were stolen from more than iCloud and over a long period of time from the looks of it. These services are secure for the most part. Celebrities being celebrities are massive targets for this and combinations of social engineering and maybe some brute force is what happened here.

Should they not trust these services? No, should they stop using them? No, should they stop taking private pictures for them and there SO ? Hell No. That's like Hitting me over the head and stealing my shoes and saying it was my fault for owning shows in the first place.

Like everything education is important, did these people have strong passwords and 2 factor authentication turned on? maybe not. But again I'm not a celebrity no one will probably be hacking me for naked pictures, god forbid if anyone wants naked pictures of me they just have to ask and I'm sure we can work something out to make everyone happy.

5. GingerCat

GingerCat

Getting so much closer. Eventually someone is going to release this video.

6. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

7. Special_Needs

Special_Needs

omg cant wait

2 people like this.
  8. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

most of the pics were deleted from celeb accounts in the last year, but they were never deleted from cloud "trash" which is where the hacker found them

think about it, what company spends millions to secure "trash" even though they should, as companies spend millions shredding paper documents

hacker was smart to go after the trash

1 person likes this.
  9. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

Where are you getting that info? Who said anything about "trash"? In cases where the pics were already deleted the hack probably took place before that. Not all these pics were obtained recently.

With iCloud, it stores Photostream photos for only 30 days. But, photos in your Camera Roll (on your device) could get backed up if you backup your whole phone/device to iCloud. When you delete something from your Photostream it deletes it from all your iCloud devices and iCloud itself permanently. If you delete it from your Camera Roll, that file wouldn't be included in the backup anymore. The only iCloud "trash" that I know is your email trash folder.

Dropbox saves deleted files for 30 days before permanently deleting them unless you specifically opt in and pay for a feature that saves things for a year.

1 person likes this.
  10. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am not a tech guy. At least 4 tech commentators on TV stated the deleted argument, I used the word trash. They surmised that celebs deleted photos from devices but did not go to the next step and delete them from the cloud, which is really just a series of master servers. This explains the age of the photos, and the ease with which they were obtained. Like I said I'm not a tech guy, but this seems reasonable as I know women who load up their account with photos and then delete them as they store them on a different device, computer, etc. Also the tech commentators mentioned how to retrieve a deleted photo from the cloud, after users thought they were deleted.

11. peroni

peroni

Truly hope that we are goinge to see that tape of Jennifer Lawrence... Just be patient... But don't know why there haven't been leaked other than L.Lawrence and her with very good boobs...[Kate Upton] All the others are very unknown to me... Hoping to see some nasty photos of other more famous.... But the material are very good of Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton!

12. corysf49ers

corysf49ers

I think an important question here is, who is the lucky mother f**ker she is sending these pics to or that is taking them?

13. ggny

ggny

Im gonna take a wild guess and say her exboyfriend of the last 3 years Nick Hoult

14. firerider

firerider

You think she called him, and did nothing but yell at him.

15. tcp_ip

tcp_ip

Would you really answer your phone after that?

1 person likes this.
  16. firerider

firerider

She's upset...she needs a shoulder to cry on. Even if it is my fault. Convince her other wise...ironically enough just for more photos.

17. ggny

ggny

well he is dating Kristen Stewart now so i dont think she is calling him for a shoulder to cry on

18. Pussyluver

Pussyluver Minding my manners

Very poor choice in life.

1 person likes this.
  19. User897

User897

I guess the well has dried up. That is unfortunate. I was hoping to at least have the red and black bars removed by now. Oh dearest Jenny....

20. Sennsational

Sennsational BANNED ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I fought JLaw and, JLaw won. I fought JLaw and, JLaw won.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.