1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How did we get so far ???

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by The Cunt Factory, Jun 28, 2009.

1. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

I didn't have the intention to limit sig threads Hayd ... in fact I'm opposed to limitations. :p

Just some guidelines on posting and using "common sense" ... again.

The only limitations I would suggest are those related to posting "webfinds" ... think they should belong in fixed threads.

It wasn't the intention of the CB but since they're around for so long and in such quantity it would like Riv said be impossible to sort them out ...
    but we could do better for the future by agreeing and setting some rules on that. ;)

2. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I'm with tcf on this one. I don't see why his tread was deleted either. Most of us here have threads for our own use (even if not used anymore) and it's mainly just sigs in them. If he was going to update it with different forms of work then there shouldn't have been a problem.
    I suppose some guidelines wouldn't hurt, but I can't see what they'd say, apart from no webfinds ect.. I do think this place is running okay as it is.

As for the sig threads, why limit them? They just need renaming to neated it up. The way they're split up is great as is. Displays, girls, rock'n'roll, sports.... I personally wouldn't condense them into one or two threads.

I don't think there is need for any drastic changes.

3. Taipan

Taipan Reach Out And Touch Faith Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

I must admit i haven't read the whole thread guys ;)

Maybe a thread was moved/trashed on a wrong decision,i dont know,we mods are not god ;)

I agree that this place needs some clear rules,and maybe a mod that is only responsible for this place here...

4. The Cunt Factory

I'm not judging P4 on the discission he made ... so no grudge against him.
    In fact it's hard for him due to lack of some guidelines to do right or wrong.

That's my whole point from the beginning ... some structure would help imo ...
    without turning it into a communist regime 'cause it's a creative world around here and artists are by nature anarchist and midly crazy.:D

5. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

That is intolerable, and should have been brought to the Mods for action. I would really like to know who this was.

What I have been working towards, with the help of the members.

If the big switch is ever flipped, I'll handle it

6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I don't have time for grudges, and text wars are useless.

I just want to do what is right by the members and the forum, with everyone's help.

If we can work together and make it better, that is what should be done.

7. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Toolz pm'd me on mutiple occasions telling me to stop posting so many sigs.

Perfect4ths likes this.
  8. Taipan

Taipan Reach Out And Touch Faith Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

We will work on a few clear rules to make it easier to mod that place,just give us some time ;)

Cy, SilentB, Cold As Ice and 3 others like this.
  9. Taipan

I'll talk with toolz.

irish-sid and Perfect4ths like this.
  10. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

It was ages ago and he hasn't been on in weeks.

11. Taipan

^^^

As allways i'll be friendly,don't worry.

12. The Cunt Factory

Here's what I pm'ed P4 yesterday ... just as a suggestion ;)

_________

First post and post title: Why the Creative Backyard ?

This sub-forum was created with the main purpose of offering a platform for all creative Phunners to showcase their “artwork”: images, photography, music, writing etc…

We’d rather see you post your own stuff … however it’s fine to post stuff you found on the web and deem interesting enough to post here as well.
    Those “webfinds” will however go into obligatory threads to avoid clutter in the CB (see rules and explanation).

Rule … just the one: All non-original work aka “webfinds” must be posted in the appropriate obligatory thread.
    No webfinds can be posted creating a new thread by yourself.
    If you think there’s no existing thread for it, suggest a new one in this thread and the mods will rule on wether to create a new thread for it or point out where to post them. Obligatory thread means what it says … when not sure where to post what … ask here or pm (a mod) (P4).

Guidelines:
    1. Recommended thread means we prefer you to post it there … but you’re allowed to start a new thread to showcase your original work.
    One restriction … don’t start a new thread for every single image, song etc… you make.
    Use common sense and post in the same personal thread as you go along and make more stuff.
    2. Please don’t clutter threads by raising discussions etc…
    Report stuff, make suggestions, comments, questions etc… here to keep the artistic threads clean.

Thread Legend … Obligatory threads:
    -Celeb,Model&other Edits,Walls,Collages from the web: obligatory thread for all edits,walls,collages you copied from the web and want to show in the CB. (this is the Celebrity and Model Collages and Edits thread only renamed to include walls and other than celebs and models)
    -Graphics related stuff from the web: obligatory thread to post webfinds on graphics like: fonts, actions, brushes, tutorials, software etc…
    -Etc…

Thread Legend … Recommended threads:
    -Original Phunners Edits/Collages: recommended thread for all original phunners ‘work on edits,collages,composites,drawings,brushwork,abstr acts etc…
    -Selective color images: recommended thread for … well see for yourself … no webfinds
    -The Musicians Corner: recommended thread for your musical talent … no webfinds
    -Etc…

13. Taipan

Good work TCF,thx,i will discuss this with the guys,like i said it will take some time...(a few days,not weeks) ;)

chumwithrum likes this.
  14. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Tai just hit the nail on the head. The thread deletion that started all this was innocent and most likely caught up in the day to day moderation of threads that get locked, moved, deleted and things like that. I don't know how many threads per day get actively moved around in phun but i bet that the thread in question was just taken at face value as "needed to be moved". It was probably reported and taken care of by the mods. And i'd say rightly so, not because deltas thread deserved to be moved or deleted but if the mods had to investigate absolutely everything reported i think we'd need to triple the amount of mods to deal with it all.

In short, i think it was a simple, honest error and nothing to get blown up over. Delta isn't offended, he is still here, welcome and posting and so are we. Simple little thing that is now dominating every single aspect of this room. I say let it pass and move on. Things will only get worse if it continues.

15. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Great job fellas! I've been sorely tempted to add my two cents-worth several times, but stayed my hand for fear of being the kiss of death to the discussions when they got a bit twitchy from time to time!

It seems to me you've covered all bases now - except one! The sub-forum title! Since you're intending to "re-invent/re-invigorate" the forum, wouldn't it be nice to simultaneously ask cayne to rename the subforum to something less disparaging than "Backyard". How about :-

Creative Heart?
    Creative Centre?
    Creative Workshop?

Any suggestions? Maybe we should get a few names together and have a poll (one of the options being "Do Nothing" of course!)

Just a thought!

Someone asked why these sorts of debates always end in disaster! Congrats on proving him wrong!

16. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

What about The Design Corner?

17. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm getting excited to hear that some improvements are going to be talked over! It really is going to make this place that much better! I've sent my suggestions to P4 via PM (nothing drastic trust me!) and it'll be interesting to see what the consensus is on it all.

And as far as the name I'm inclined something towards Creative instead of Design simply because there is more than just design work showcased by the members.

Possibly the Creative Corner or just even the Creative Forum?

Yeah, that was me... and I'm glad the discussion got ironed out without any serious issues! ;)

18. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Whats wrong with the name? Its not just for image work, music, film, words are all part of the concept.

19. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Why not post your suggestions here too, like TCF did, so that P4, Tai, et al, can benefit early from any general response to them?

20. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here was what I PM'd P4:

The sig threads should be cut down to only 2 (or 3) and clearly labeled (regardless of the impending objection). I'd suggest something along the lines of:

• Signatures: Babes/Chicks or Girls Only
    • Signatures: Everything Else
    • (potential 3rd) Signatures: Displays
    That way the changes don't make them foreign to anyone, but they are also clearly labeled and tidy looking. And that is after all one of the main focuses of this whole thing, making it look better.

I think bio's SOTW threads need to be addressed as well, because if you scan the page down you'll see 18 different voting threads and frankly they clutter up the page. Especially when the results are collected and updates weekly in the discussion thread.
    I think the correct step there is to have the voting threads deleted every week as bio takes the collects the results from them. He can even be the one to report them into the Forum Issues.

The rest of the litter in the CB is a tougher issue, because there's good work in these threads. But there's a lot of the. I'm talking about things like SK's "Out Of Bounds" pics, Innu3ndo's "Work In Progress", etc.
    It's a touchy issue...and maybe one that doesn't even need to be addressed. It's just something I noticed.
    I feel as if they could almost be grouped into a larger thread of their own like "Other Creative Work"?

Rules, I assume you're referring to set guidelines everyone must follow, and I'll give a few a try:

• All work should be that of the posters, no webfinds or ripping of work
    • All signature posts must be made in 1 of the 2 designated signature threads *no individual sig threads!*
    • Any oversized (larger than 450x150) sigs can still be posted in the sig threads, but must be labeled "display only" and/or have a separate 3rd thread specifically dedicated to them titled "Signatures: Displays"
    That's all I can really think of right now, but if I come up with anything else I'll PM it along.
    I appreciate you asking my input P4!

Cheers,
    -Dan