1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How did we get so far ???

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by The Cunt Factory, Jun 28, 2009.

1. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

Bye :wave:

2. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

I've actually never seen someone complain in the CB about how the things are going.
    Maybe some have what i didn't see, but i think it's about that most of the people think it's runnig good, and they say never change a winning team ( or somth like that ).
    Maybe one solution for problem nr. 3 for TCF, if everyonet hat makes sigs posts his nick +sig f.e. "essential sig" in the title it's quiet easy to see with search who posted. And we won't need a single threat for everyone

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

no, please.

i was pretty tempted to post this in the "most disappointing" - thread - because i am - but hence it belongs here:

why do so many phunners with issues they like to have discussed/cleared/solved/dealt with have problems with others who just want to do the same?

anyways... create and share your creations. if you don´t find a fitting existing thread - make your own. and share your thoughts about the work of others.
    just B]my[/B] opinion, of course.
    that´s what this little, almost hidden (and for too many sadly sth like a "bits and pieces advanced") place was made for...

4. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I am confused. TCF starts this thread because he doesn't like some things that are going on, so I try to answer questions and even offer to help clean things up.

Now for some reason he get's mad or upset about the entire process and exclaims "I'm out" Why?

Do you want what you asked for or not. I have plenty of other things I could be doing then trying to develop a game plan for the CB that everyone, or at least the majority, is happy with and with member input I should add.

I get really tired of trying to be a Mod and a Member, and it is becoming clearer and clearer that I can not be both.

5. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

hey - hope you don´t get the image that i´m intending to argue with you.

(and btw.: sometimes being a member who cares a bit more than the average leecher/lurker, isn´t nice at all, too...)

for me TCF has at least two valid points - the "don´t force anyone to add to existing threads" and the "do we need webfinds not made by phunners in the CB?".

and i partly can understand that he´s "pissed" - we have quite a few phunners who never hesitate to discuss issues and ask to deal with/solve them - and it´s their right to do so, that´s part of "evolving" phun - but why are they getting tired when others do nothing but the same?

alas...

i think it is just too much work to sort out all already posted "webfinds" from existing threads - but quite obviously this needs to be accentuated more for the future, apparently that´s consensus, not?

6. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

It seems to be my post that annoyed him....I don't know why though. He asked for opinions and I gave him mine. Also by "creative crew" I just meant the members that frequent this section of the board.

7. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Why does everyone of these discussions end up in a big mess? :confused:

8. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Fact of the internet. Always has been. RFC 1855.

At least you guys/girls have remained civil. Thats unusual and impressive.

9. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

i don't really understand the idea that the creative backyard is full of sig threads and hard to navigate, i never have trouble finding anything and it's fairly easy to pick up where you left off. i've never had problems keeping up with it day to day and wouldn't advocate any major change. if anything i'd say work outside the major threads is liable to be unseen because of the popularity and general consensus of putting things in those threads.

10. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

P, you can be a mod and a member. I've done it before and so have many others. It's how you choose to react that changes your perspective.

And TCF, the creative crew are the regulars who come in here and post post their works and others who come in to view and comment on it. In short, the regular frequenters of this room. It could not be simpler.

People shouldn't stamp their feet if things aren't going their way. This board is everyones. People say there are mods and members but it shouldnt be that way. They should be indivisible.

11. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

I’ll have to consult with my 11 years old nephew to reply on that.

One of my points Lukin.
    I don’t have a problem with lots of threads so the removal of one came as a surprise to me.

Funny you say you’re confused ‘cause from what I’ve read apparently everything on here is clear to everyone.
    On several occasions confusion on posting occurred … but oh no all’s clear to us.
    Not only newbies are confused but regulars also: Hayd with some “webfind” sigs and Jamms with some edits he apparently didn’t know where to post (see Original Phunners Thread) … just to name a few.

And yes I’m upset … by the fact that not all are treated on the same level.
    You can’t just remove someone’s (a newbie) thread and allow another (a regular) to create new threads as they please …
    especially since there’re aren’t any rules.

I keep reading that I’m making a fuzz about nothing and everyone on here is pleased with the way things are going.
    How come that I’ve received several pm’s the past months from regulars complaining on how things are going.

Anyone noticed the departure from the sig threads from former regular sig-makers ?
    Anyone even read Riv’s post in the SOTW saying he missed several regular/former sig-makers posting sigs ?
    Anyone saw the pointless bashing at SilentB in the “Original Phunners” thread about merging that thread with the “Celeb and Models Collages” ?
    Anyone know of a regular sig-maker that got a pm from another regular sig-maker: “warning him to stop making so many sigs” ?

How do I know all that … surprisingly because I’ve just seen about every post in the CB and I care for it besides the multiple concerned pm’s I got.
    So if you think there’s nothing going on …

All I wanted was a mature discussion on it so some guidelines could be made clear for the future in an attempt to keep the confusion to a minimum … all I got was pointless comment that it was boring, dragging it too far, there’s really nothing going on and the “creative crew” is fine with how things are going.

Like Riv said; some that never hesitate to discuss/deal with/solve issues apparently have a problem when another does the same.

And to set the record straight; I didn’t start a pointless discussion … some replies made it one.
    My attempt started as a wake up call with DeltaEcho’s thread as example for the confusion lurking on here and the randomness of discissions …
    and from there on open up a general debate on posting guidelines with Cayne and Riv’s intentions for the CB in mind.

I know not all is fucked up on the CB but judging by the reactions/pm’s I read, some things are …
    and in respect to Riv’s great idea to create this unique place the CB is, I just wanted to try and clear the mist in a joint effort … alas

I’m not out for a communist regime on here, just some guidelines to avoid as much confusion as possible in the future.

I never intended to impose my thoughts ... or have things my way …
    I did pm you some suggestions but I believe it’s up to you to start off with them and look at other comments/suggestions from phunners.
    They’re only my personal thoughts and every “concerned” phunner should have his say.
    I can’t, let alone want to force you to start an open debate on posting guidelines.

So as long as there’s no clarification I’ll only abide by Cayne and Riv’s guideline: original material … no webfinds.

… for the rest … post as you please ... in as many threads as you please ...

chumwithrum likes this.
  12. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I started my own sig thread three times in phun. All three barely got looked at. But when i post my sigs in the sig threads people get to see them which is more fun for me.

The only thing i wanted when delta started his separate sig thread was to let him know that we already had dedicated sig threads and that was the place to post them. It wasn't a nazi style attempt to dictate to the man what he should do on here. But to say thats where the sigs go. All of them, no matter how proud you are of them, how mush you want t so show them of or how much you think they deserve special attention over other sigs.

As for all the other stuff mentioned i your last post tcf i only knew about one member threatening the other and telling him to stop making so many sigs. Didn't know about the rest.

But the way i see it, if i want to post creative stuff i will. Someone else couldn't piss me off enough to make me stop it. You either love doing it and want to share and see everyone else's work or not.We have some very talented and skilled people in here and some great learners too. Take sid for example, his early work was poor and now he is one of the most prolific users with a very high rate of quality and imagination in his work.

I think creative is fine and apart from the blip of thread deletion we should relax over it all before the vibe in creative get tarnished or even ruined forever.

We're all supposed to be on the same side and in this for the same reasons. Let's instigate a constitution if needed and get back to enjoying our creative sides brothers :D

13. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

so right that is what I think the cb is all about - the creativity, so maybe the deletion of DeltaEchos thread wasn't such a bright idea, but then again It might have been, would of course been nicer to just merge the thread with the others. But let's not destroy this place with too many rules and regulations. cause I for one could be enough pissed off to just stop helping people and sharing my work!

Also what does webfinds mean exactly. cause if it means to find a picture on the web and modify it ever so slightly then almost everything here would be banned.

14. The Cunt Factory

Webfinds ... imo ... are all things (images,music etc...) you grab from the netz and post here without any alteration ... void of any creative process.

Stricly you're "creative" just resizing or cropping an image found on the web ... although most of us would prefer you did more with it,
    like use it as a background or part of a composite image (means merging multiple images in one).

I'm fine with just cropping only I think most of the phunners around here cut themselves short with it 'cause I know they can do so much more. ;)

15. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

"Webfinds" would be any piece of work that was not manupulated, editted or transformed by the person posting it. It does not mean the source photos we use to create such things.

TCF, hang in there pal. You started a good discussion thread. If some find it boring or making a fuss, they dont have to continue reading it.

I'm in agreement that members should be able to make their own personal threads. If they want to include sigs among their works, they should be allowed to do so.

A few general guidlines Stickied for the CB couldnt hurt. Where some may see things perfectly clear, others may not (new members) and would appreciate some guidance.

chumwithrum and The Cunt Factory like this.
  16. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Things evolve, phun grows, each person starting a thread to post there artwork is not practicle. Especially if it is shite. There are tonnes of places to post your stuff if you wanna.

17. The Cunt Factory

I know it wasn't "nazi style" Jamms ... not from you ... not from anyone else.
    I don't hold grudges but I'm allowed to get pissed now and then as any cyberbot.

Believe me, I'm not out to tarnish the CB ... but I hate things boiling underneath the surface 'cause I know one day they'll pop up ugly.
    In all honesty we all know it did already on several occasions ... wether it was sig related or other ... wether some or hardly none witnessed it.

I just decided for myself it had to be raised and, not to mess up an existing thread, I started this one ...
    just to create an open mature debate on things between all concerned phunners.

A decent debate leads to a better understanding rather than rant and bad vibes ...
    so I still think it was OK for me to do this and I still hope some good will come of it. ;)

18. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

So, you want to judge who's work is "shite" and whos is worthy of being posted? You want to regulate who can start a new thread of their own based on how good they are? Should they get your expert opinion/permission first?

An artists work evolves also. Thats one of the biggest assets/attractions to the CB. Contributors should NEVER be afraid or discouraged from posting their efforts based on some rediculous bullshit like you've suggested.

Good fucking grief :rolleyes:

The Cunt Factory and chumwithrum like this.
  19. The Cunt Factory

The CB has only 3 thread pages so far so just as Lukin said: it isn't really that hard to keep track of what you like.

Besides, one of my suggestions to P4 was no limitation on threads,
    just an advice to phunners ... if they started a personal thread with their artwork/stuff they should try and stick to that thread
    and subsequently update it with new stuff rather than creating a new one for every new piece of work.

I think that is called "common sense".

20. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

This is taking long enough....just make 2 threads for sigs...one for Tutorials/Add-Ons and merge all the relative ones with those....and see how it works...