1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How did we get so far ???

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by The Cunt Factory, Jun 28, 2009.

1. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

On the 2nd page Riv explained the intention of the CB: http://forum.phun.org/showpost.php?p=2180928&postcount=16

Some clearly didn't read this guideline from a mod and webfinds were posted without restriction.

In all honesty, I'm fine with that but it feels to me like different measures when on one hand there's no rules but on the other hand a newbie's thread is moved ... based on what? ...
    again he changed his thread to "artwork" and I'm convinced (if he got the chance and time) he would have posted more and other stuff than just sigs and his thread would be no different than my former sig thread and many others (see page 3 of the CB). ;)

2. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

This is all alot of fuss for not much. Delta is still here and still posting.

3. The Cunt Factory

And I'm glad he is.

No fuss to me Jamms ... just wanted to start a debat on what's brewing in the CB ...
    and maybe start working on some organization (guidelines) for the CB. ;)

4. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Are you looking for a more concrete set of rules?

That can be done, remove all the gray area and go straight to black and white.

Would that really solve the issue? or make things worse?

IMO, the thread was moved because it was still a Sig thread, and as stated before "We have enough of those" There is no rule for that, but I believe that most, if not all, feel the same way.

5. The Cunt Factory

So I guess my "Only Pussy Sigs" thread will stand no chance. :p

6. Noodle Panda

What guidelines are you proposing?

7. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Just PM me the pics :naughty: ;)

I'm not. Open for suggestions from you guys

8. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho

How about We can create a thread where people wants me to make them a Sigs, But they'll have to bring a HQ pictures, and what kind of style they want. that's just an example, But we'll make an Better rules and such. I could possibility do the work, but it'll be neat if some people who is Talent to help me out. if not Then I shall do all the work.

9. Noodle Panda

Sorry, i meant from tcf. What kind of new rules would he like to see. I'd still like to see a name clean up (as would everyone else) but thats out. If we can't agree on a simple name change we wont get far. Every now and then someone gets in a gripe in SOTW and its frustrating. This forum should be completely laid back.

Thats why i think we should charge membership fees. Payments go to my Nigerian bank account as usual.

10. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just finished reading through all this, and I'm glad it's being discussed.

I first off agreed with Jamms' comment to Delta's post, I didn't feel like we need to have a personal thread for each members sig work (which was clearly what he was posting), because we already have more than enough sig threads. If Delta wants to post something else like drawings, sketches, vectors, textwork, etc I think he's free to do so. But simply keep the sigs in with the sig threads.

That being said I believe that we have far too many sig threads, and I'm partially to blame as well because I did start the "Signatures: Sports" thread. I see the problems this is causing and it's just making the CB look like a cluttered mess.

I think if everyone did there part and got threads they started deleted, I know I'll be cleaning up some of my music posts (as I only need 1), but if we all did that we could really make this place look great again.

I also believe that a stricter set of guidelines and rules would only help things here, I'd love to hear what you guys had in mind.

11. Perfect4ths

I'll arrange it, but i want a percentage

Noodle Panda likes this.
  12. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

There is a request thread if you are really interested...people ask in there all the time ;)
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=322963

13. Noodle Panda

What about streamlining to just two sig threads and stickying them? Then having a set of clear rules about where sigs go. Apart from that users are free to create their own work threads if they desire but limit them to a topic so a new thread couldn't be created for each new piece of work. Jay created a thread and his works fine.

14. Noodle Panda

Your usual 98%?

15. Perfect4ths

I would need some time and consultation before I posted anything.

But, and this is MO, I would rename the sigs threads, regardless of the thread starter. this may not be a popular action, but I think it has gotten to the point that it needs to happen.

GBTG and Noodle Panda like this.
  16. GBTG

That'd be a fantastic first step!! :cheers:

Noodle Panda likes this.
  17. GBTG

I also think this would be a great idea, ridding of the other 3-4 sig threads. But also merging the work inside of them into the proper thread. No sense throwing work away!

Then having them somewhat perma-stickied would really make them easy to access for everyone. As well as them being clearly labeled.

The other point raised some questions for me though, you're not saying limit them to 1 per person right? Just simply by topic?
    Like I post both my creative work and my musical work in here, and if (hypothetically) these were the rules there would be no problem with me having a thread for music and a thread for other creative work?

18. Noodle Panda

Sure. If a user wanted to create a thread showing their photography they could and one if they did a series of vectors they could. One for film they could.

Just an idea but the basic guidline could clarify things for us and new users and keep the place clean and tidy, which would make people work so much more accessable.

GBTG likes this.
  19. Perfect4ths

:thumbs:

I'll see what I can do

Merge, Yes.

Sticky, not going to happen, based on precedent

Limit what? Sig threads or threads in general? I do not beleive we would ever propose a rule that would limit the number of threads a member could have, just the thread topic. What I mean is, if we say use only the appropriate sig threads, then no personal sig threads could be created. Does that make sense?

20. GBTG

That's fine, they get used frequently enough that they wouldn't drop off the front page.

No limits, I was just clarifying what Jamms said. No limits, but I agree that NO personal sig threads should be allowed. And should that not include deletion/merging of the already existing ones?