1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Font of the day

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Noodle Panda, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Graphical User Interface

Graphical User Interface

If you want to take a stab at identifying it yourself, first stop would be one of the Q&As for font identification. I think all the sites use the same datasets so I'll just recommend Identifont. Click on Limited set of letters? under Fonts by Appearance to restrict it to just the ones you have.

Many logos aren't made straight from fonts though, so you may be outta luck.... at worst they're drawn by hand (the older they are the more likely this is) and at best they just use simple mods to existing letters.

If you strike out on Identifont the friendly guys and gals at Typophile should be able to help you out. The site is down for maintenance right now so I can't link directly to it but they have a dedicated forum for font identification.

beruud likes this.
  2. beruud

beruud Twatwaffle Ten Years of Phun

That site KICKS ASS!!!! I will post the font I am looking for soon when I get to my personal business computer.

3. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There was a font named GRAFFITI I used in 1997-1998 for some projects at the Miami Herald. I've never been able to find it again. It's none of the "graffitis" on this site.

4. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

5. Graphical User Interface

Graphical User Interface

Presumably this was a legit commercial font? Mac or PC (or something else??)

If you have a printed sample you should be able to find out if it's available still..

6. helium

helium .

beruud and JDoeson69 like this.
  7. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

it's not on any of the font sites listed, it was splotchy with a lot of haphazard dots between the letters, it was on miscrosoft paint as well as mac, none of the letters looked like other letters, the caps vs lower case did not look the same

it was a really hot font, I used it in a stand alone newspaper named WEEKEND when people still actually read newspapers, people used to email me all the time and ask what font it was

beruud likes this.
  8. JDoeson69

JDoeson69 Phun's Faux-Canadian Ten Years of Phun

I was gonna suggest this. You stole my thunder!

*steals helium's lightning. There, we're even. :p*

beruud likes this.
  9. beruud

beruud Twatwaffle Ten Years of Phun

Unbelievable....

Loaded the pic in, gave me a very close font to work with...

THANK YOU! This is why I love this board!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

10. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

http://www.google.com/search?q=graf...=X&ei=xHhBTruMMMGbOozUpacJ&sqi=2&ved=0CEAQsAQ

11. martinez0

martinez0

nice site thank you