1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO FAO: UK Based Members regarding Deep Fakes

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Big Bamboo!, Apr 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Common sense is the key here..
    This place is huge (number of posts per day) we can't police every post that is made. I appreciate everything you've said and you make a valid point.
    Our eyes are most valuable tool in this sort of situation so if you believe a image is obviously UA report it, it will then be removed!
    (At moderators discretion)
    Thanks BB

RDS, Snark, Noodle Panda and 2 others like this.
  2. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

IDK, but I think this is gonna be as big a headache around here as it's gonna be society-wide.
    But then, the world has decided boys and girls dont exist, kids have valid opinions, and stupid is the rule of the day, so wtf knows.
    AI fakery (whatever) is going to come down to how the models are trained. When ignorant people can goto a site and download a lua that has been pretrained on 5,000 pics of natalie portman, if the input for the lua wasnt scrubbed for pre-18 portman, you're going to have trouble. Is the person who posted the pics guilty of underage, or is the lua creator to blame? (and who the fuck was that?).
    How do forums like phun deal with it?

I know my own personal opinion is "no fakes", but that has it's own line too. Is my making a merge collage like deadred does a fake? (personally I dont think so, but I've been in arguments 20+ years ago that said ANY modfying was fakery).

Simply put, I dont think any one/few policies is going to answer this dilemma, and the retards in .gov will be so incompetent, the offical answer will be to shut down all non .gov approved web content. (it's what the cocksuckers want anyway).

3. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

'Under-age' content attracts the 'Nuclear' option!
    It doesn't matter whether it's real, imaginary (i.e. 'art'), AI, or whatever the Web can throw at us! Moderators have 'discretion'!
    In other words, if it looks like a Duck to you, it quacks like a Duck and waddles like a Duck - it's a fucking DUCK!
    Act accordingly. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.