1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE celebs that you think are underrated?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by ironmikeyv, Sep 5, 2021.

1. MAD1S0N

MAD1S0N BANNED

The Emmy-stealer is underrated?! I've watched like everyone else, and most weeks, after each name, I remark something aloud to myself including those I would toss if I didn't need them to play a certain currently-famous person.

I recall being surprised when Kenan mentioned in an interview getting cast after Tim/Tracy left. Now, even with his own sitcom, they WAY overuse him!

Sorry for running off-topic.

2. FOTD

FOTD

These last few posts actually illustrate why I'm not a fan of anything regarding "underrated" in almost any aspect, whether it be music or celebrities. Someone says Kristen Wiig is underrated, someone says overrated. What are our criteria for these things? Whether we think that people don't find them as attractive as we do (which is wholly subjective, to point out one problem)? Whether or not we think these celebrities should have more roles because we think they're more talented than they're given credit for, or maybe that they're overshadowed by other cast-mates? Whether we don't see as much of them on this board as much as we think they should? Also, is a person underrated if they're not known outside of their own country or just suddenly started getting fame in the Western side of the world? Are we going by if they're underrated now as opposed to when they were really relevant and we'd consider them overrated?

I could name a few and give a category, maybe. I'd like to participate and not just complain because that's buzzkill behaviour. I'd just like to say that there are a number of questions that plague this subject, and it seems to get murkier with a lot of the posts.

3. The Man With No Name

The Man With No Name ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Lauren German
    Betty Gilpin
    Riley Keough
    Stefania Ferrario
    Kiernan Shipka
    Ria Antoniou
    Haley Bennett
    Melissa Benoist

Def30, CaptainFan88 and Mistwolf like this.
  4. MAD1S0N

MAD1S0N BANNED

Same question: The person portraying the title character on "Supergirl" is underrated?!

I may have to watch 1 episode sometime (I like the Cryer I see in the ads) & see how good of an actress she is; weird feeling she was miscast, but I doubt that she's underrated.