1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Life of Sophie

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by SophieK81, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

Hi from Wimbledon, Fingers crossed i'm seeing Caroline Wozniacki on the Centre Court at 1pm:)
    Sadly no Andy Murray:(
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

2:39pm I'm in the Centre Court, in a (currently) near empty stand (in the sun) on the right:) I'm waving:)
    Caroline Wozniacki is warming up:)

3. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

She's looking at the beautiful grass courts at Wimbledon and I gotta mow the damn grass in the Texas heat. :pat:
    That just don't hardly seem fair y'all :lol:

Merlin, J3scribe and SophieK81 like this.
  4. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

Mmmm, Caroline Wozniacki :love:

Merlin, J3scribe and SophieK81 like this.
  5. nolefan77

nolefan77 Stop petting my peeves ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

....in a short white skirt :yumyum:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Merlin, RaiderCane and J3scribe like this.
  6. nolefan77

nolefan77 Stop petting my peeves ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Have a Pimm’s Cup for me!

Merlin and SophieK81 like this.
  7. SophieK81

Morning, Wimbledon was brilliant, but a eye opener, we got (two others from office went i was the + 1 when my boss couldn't go)
    corporate tickets, so there was people that had been camping out since Saturday to get entry on Monday morning (and more every day
    during the Wimbledon fortnight) we got in via corporate entrance with hardly any queue.

The public were buying over priced Strawberries, Champagne and Pimms, we were in the corporate pavilion where it was all paid for,
    so it was fill your face, drink as much as you like, it was not unsurprisingly packed, full of people that didn't leave to look around.

I went around looking at the outside court's and loved it, went back to the corporate pavilion, still all there.

To cut a long story short, got into the Centre Court after lunch (wanted to leave earlier), :love: Caroline Wozniacki was just warming up.
    I thought the place would be packed (and its vast) we were on the right hand side (in the Sun) (where i was there told) there was row after row of empty corporate seats.

Play started around 2:50pm but the majority of those seats remained empty until around 3:10pm

Brilliant day and enjoyed it, but makes me sick that real fans had to queue for days and corporate "guests" who couldn't care less about tennis get the pampered treatment.

Guess that's me being naive.

It was a day of sport, left Wimbledon (so wanted to be in two places at the same time) to watch Belgium vs Japan in a pub.
    Then back to my flat on the roof and my voyeur neighbour who seems to have turned to a shadow.

Was going to sleep on the roof, but we have foxes, love them, but not so sure bout them.

nolefan77, cnaux, Merlin and 2 others like this.
  8. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Hire a Mezkin. Couldn't cost more that $10. That's what I charged. :D

Merlin likes this.
  9. J3scribe

What do Brits have against the sun? I've seen this issue over and over ad infinitum for decades (literally) and have never understood it.

Merlin likes this.
  10. SophieK81

I'm Australian and was praising it:) But i did have some Brits (and work mates) all around me going into Blister in the Sun mode;):cool:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/te...eat-34000-kilos-of-strawberries-a3875691.html

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/food_and_drink_faq.html

I know, i know:love:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    nolefan77, Merlin and J3scribe like this.
  11. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

That was a really cool thing to get to do :cool::cool::):)

Merlin and J3scribe like this.
  12. SophieK81

By my boss yes, but felt guilty for all the real fans, but its the same in Football and the Olympics...

But happier things, England playing tonight, going to see it at a party in the pub garden on the BIG screen:) so voyeur neighbour will have nothing to shout at lol

13. J3scribe

I love the sun. I'm waiting for the day I no longer have any obligations to anyone and can go spend the rest of my days lying naked on a beach somewhere isolated. I'm not modest, I just don't like people.

driller195 and Merlin like this.
  14. J3scribe

Don't ever feel bad for taking advantage of privilege. This whole world is a nasty clusterfuck, so enjoy every good moment you can, regardless if it comes at someone else's expense.

SophieK81 and Merlin like this.
  15. SophieK81

Thanks, i'm so full of strawberries last night lol

I have a love/hate with beaches, love them, but annoys the hell out of me with dumb people on them.
    No problem with nudity on beaches, been on nude beaches since i was fairly young, but for some
    its a revelation on what real bodies are like, as opposed to the Selfie "I'm so perfect" beach body generation.
    These i'm glad to say are real beautiful bodies, but a tip don't get your bits burnt and i think that's why some go
    on about the sun as they don't respect it and have memories of getting burnt.

As we did in Australia from when i was little

Merlin, J3scribe and RaiderCane like this.
  16. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

TBF people forget we are a small island in the North Atlantic ocean and our weather can be described as 'changable' :) .. Our weather is unique to us and it's very rare that any two days are the same..
    However this Summer (so far) has been wonderful, Nearly 88 degrees Fahrenheit here on the south coast yesterday and it looks like it will be here for a while. So I digress, Enjoy the football tonight Sophie, I hope England is being kind to you (even though we hate everyone, we somehow manage to love everyone too) :thinks:

:shake:

Merlin and J3scribe like this.
  17. SophieK81

Eric Cantona offers Neymar some acting advice…
    https://t.co/AR3IMavIn6

Up the Hammers:)

I was born in Melbourne, four seasons one day:)
    Never had a problem with England fans and i've often been in the middle of many sweaty fans.
    Just hope its not a walk over tonight, that we keep it together and put them under pressure.
    Either way the future begins tonight for English football and how the team plays.

18. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Indeed.. I'm hopeful we can get through however disappointment always seems to raise its ugly head when we least expect it . :yup:

Glad you are having a nice time here and taking in what we have to offer.

Have fun and enjoy :wavey::wiggle::wavey:

SophieK81 and Merlin like this.
  19. J3scribe

That is epic!

Merlin likes this.
  20. J3scribe

You two need to meet for a good supper and post some selfies of it. I bet that would be some cool shit. I once met up with another phunner and we had a great time. Posted about it too. Remember Insomniac? He was a cool fucker. Take advantage of these proximities!

SophieK81, Big Bamboo! and Merlin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.