1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Why sharingmatrix???

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by ecsex73, Jul 31, 2010.

1. ecsex73

ecsex73

I wanted to post this on one of the threads talking about Sharingmatrix but they are closed. Moderators sorry, but iam really fed up with this. Can i get an answer for the following?
    Lately almost all movies are only downloadable with sharingmatrix. Its terrible. Most of the time you need to wait hours or even days to continue with the second or third part of a rar file. Why o why do we accept this while we are all complaining about it? Why we dont use rapidshare or hotfile,megaupload, netload or depositfiles ? It doesn't make sense.
    Iam using JDownloader manager, but doesnt help much more either.
    Is the only solution to buy an account at Sharingmatrix?? To hell with Sharingmatrix.

2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

good question - ask those who are psting clips here...

(pretty obvious, btw. - it´s a matter of incentives)

3. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey ecsex73,

Well, I don't know about days to continue downloads with Sharingmatrix, but I'll agree that it's not the best for my upload/download purposes, especially from a free user standpoint.

Anyways ecsex73, I'll address some of your questions.

While I've voiced my concern and distaste for Sharingmatrix, the underlying reason is that Rapidshare's new business direction makes it not viable for filesharing for most uploaders... in short, there won't be a free practical way of sharing files on Rapidshare in the near future. With the potential possibility of other filehosts also moving to a new direction or getting shutdown outright (i.e. Megaupload), the higher powers at Phun felt there needed to be more filesharing options, which is why both Hotfile and Sharingmatrix were included... why netload or depositfiles weren't added, I do not know - tho personally, netload has always been awful for me (caught a tracking bug from them in their early days) and depositfiles has always had weird download speeds.

I don't use JDownloader, but you supposedly can finagle with the settings to have a better speed/connection. As to buying an account to Sharingmatrix, if you really feel the need to download the majority of sub-standard videos that are being uploaded via Sharingmatrix, that might be the only way. But keep in mind this hidden download limit that Sharingmatrix doesn't really publicly mention before joining.

Code:
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=518698
    Hope this helps

4. CandQ

CandQ

I won't run fast in a hidden download limit lol, so far I couldn't manage to download a single byte there yet. All I see is, after the waiting period, a question to enter a code, and I don't see the code. Before, when hovering over the 'Regular' choice, I see in the browser status "javascript: void(0)", despite everything is enabled here, and does work for all other sites.
    What remains then? That the 'free' in SharingMatrix is bogus?

Anyway, see it from this point: SharingMatrix is used by people that upload stuff. In the end, they make available what wouldn't be available otherwise. It's their choice. Even if the host demands a payed account, it remains their choice, not the one of the downloaders, all you can do is ask, and if negative answer, live with it and not keep harassing about it. Yes it's a pity some things are not or hard to get for free, but that's life and should be life. In the end, all 'freebies' origin from someone elses loss, and that should be voluntarily, not taken.

The host is now inside the topic title, so don't look anymore, then you don't see what you miss too, that's what I do, haha.

5. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Well, I did hate SM at first, but I had 2 get premium. 35$ for 6 months is not so bad deal if you count amount of files shared on SM. Till now is working good, good speed ...
    RS is doing monkey business and I guess that most of the upl. are fed up whit RS.
    MU was good, but it looks like they went RS way. They just suspend my very decent a/c.
    Hotfile is coll and my substitute for RS.

The recent management move to allow HF and SM is very good. Lots of new stuff and diversity. Much better content on already best board Phun :). Investing in premium HF and SM is really worth it.

6. asab

asab

Its tough to dl as a free user I would concede, but no less touch than dl three rars on RS or MU imho.
    As a free user all hosts try and lure you into becoming premium, thats the game. However if it becomes impossible to download from a host then it needs looking at; but I can dl fine. In truth a lot of the whinging is perhaps people annoyed that the host they do not have a premium account for is perhaps more dominant.
    I think this should be merged with the whats the deal with RS thread.
    btw the fastest host for a free user right now is Fileserve, 500kbs, I get around 125kbs with SM(not great but acceptable), I have a HF account so not sure there

7. mccoo_1

mccoo_1

I don't have a problem with sharingmatrix anymore.

Simply replace the http:// to ssi, so that the web address reads "ssi.sharingmatrix.com" and you will only get a 30 second timer instead of 10 minutes.

8. ecsex73

ecsex73

Thanks for the info & advice guys. Still, too bad that we need to cope with this new situation.

9. spacemaverick

spacemaverick

-
    We need to boycott the purchase of premium services from ca$hwhores.
    Its kind of like the argument that unsavory activities only thrive because there is a market that nourishes them.
    -
    RapidPro pricing would be hard for any of them to compete with.
    If RS gave people storage credits based on downloads, and offered a feature like YouTube’s insight, they would become a lot more attractive for uploaders with the capacity to forgive betrayal, if not forget.

*insight provides a wealth of information about who and where your videos are being downloaded, including maps of continents, countries, and USA states.

X-Spectre likes this.
  10. dwc25

dwc25

I guess I'll put in my 2 cents on SharingMatrix. While I really don't like it, either for downloading or the fact that we are inundated with reposts that aren't labelled as such, I think that a compromise could be found. How about creating just a SM sub-forum? It'd be like a really scary neighborhood that you could either choose to walk down because there's some good stuff, but could avoid if you wanted to.

11. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So, what you're saying is if Phun is Los Angeles, this SM-subforum would be like going to a swap meet in Compton? :rofl:

12. dr.gandalf

dr.gandalf BANNED

13. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I find mediafire to be the fastest downloader.