1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Why are all the pics thumbnails?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Mephiska22, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Mephiska22

Mephiska22

why are all the pics thumbnails? and how do you make them into normal pictures???

2. linusnc

linusnc Short Pants White Boy ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

you click on them if you can't see them check your settings or go to the FAQ on the top of the page. Thumbnails make it easier to see a lot of pics and click on the ones you want to see. Plus not everyone here has high speed internet so that is why.

3. On the subject of thumbnails, does it bother anyone else when people post huge pictures that take 3 days to load and have to side scroll a mile to see. You know the "not 56k friendly."

4. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I'm with you Tommy. I tend to let a pic or two load, then close the page, and my connection is pretty good. A lot of people here make the effort to post thumbs, and those pics won't die like a lot of these "56k" ones will.

5. [TyroneBiggums]

[TyroneBiggums]

This board introduced me to ImageVenue.com. And I must say, I don't see why more sites like it don't give you the option of using thumbnails... PLUS it's even better now that you can upload 5 pics at a time

6. kjohnsto

kjohnsto

I was wondering why when you click on the link it opens up the thumbnail and not the entire pic. Are they uploaded that way or is there some way to view the full pic.

7. Click the thumbnail to get the full pic, it's for easier uplaoding, time, and space.

8. Soonami

Soonami

yeah I agree with Tommy, thumbs are the best because not everyone want so to see all the pictures but have some favorite poses or what not. The thumbs are much more versatile and you get to see the whole series in on shot

9. SomeNewGuy

SomeNewGuy

lol, loading them is not really a problem but it does freeze up my computer if the thread is super big. Everyone, please make threads 56K friendly and under 512MB RAM friendly :)

10. davelacb

davelacb

11. Jaxx23

Jaxx23

If I click on thumbnails they don´t enlarge for me. So as you said I changed the settings a few times but nothing happened.

12. antheh

antheh Banned.

I prefer thumbs. :)

And for Jaxx23 are you using a firewall of some sort?

13. MinionofHell

MinionofHell

you click a thumbnail and it comes up as thumbnail? thats weird. Its gotta be in your settings or something.

I always post pics in thumbs, it makes everything so much better. I have cable and big threads with fullsize can take forever to load. Could you imagine a set of NDN pics posted fullsize?

14. magus765

magus765

I am having a similar problem. I will open up a thread to view, and there will be a list of links. When I click the link, a new window opens up with a thumbnail image (hosted on imagevenue or something). But, this thumbnail in the new window isn't clickable or anything, is there any way to view the full pic?

15. hungerforce

hungerforce BANNED

the new window contains the full size image.

16. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

magus...go to User CP at top left of screen, go to options and change settings so it allows images etc.

17. SiegHartX

SiegHartX

the thumb is for easier view and mm, save sapce? :p

18. Jaxx23

Jaxx23

Yes, it work´s! I can see the pics in the real sice. What a wonderfull day.