1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

what player to use

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by johnray, Aug 13, 2005.

1. johnray

johnray

new here,need to know what player to use for the videos in the news section
    thanks..

2. leonard71

leonard71

I just play my videos through windows media player.

3. johnray

johnray

windows says i need other codec

4. leonard71

leonard71

when it gives you that message, click "more information" then it will tell you which codec you need. Then just google it and download it and you're set. But Tommy is right, you probably just need the Divx codec.

5. Lisa Denton

Lisa Denton

I didn't even know we had a news section, but I have never looked for that so I dunno.

Anywho, them codecs they was tellin you will usually work, assuming of course that you have the latest update of Win media player also. If you aren't sure just start, all programs, windows updates, choose custom, let it scan, and then look at optional updates.

If you have that and get them codecs and it still don't work post here again and I can tell you more codecs and/or players.

6. Actually I have winampfull, bsplayer, wmp9, and media player classic but if you want a simple player that is good stick with media player classic.