1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Video Vault Access

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by SemiPimpster, Jul 6, 2005.

1. SemiPimpster

SemiPimpster Still Trying to Pimp

So the other day I was bored at work and I stumbled across a motorcycle vid forum and although I could see the general section anonymously, it said I had to be a member to see the pics and vid section. Would it be a good idea to do something similar with Phun's Pic and Vid sections? Is it even a possible option with vBulletin? Maybe we can stop the amount of new beggars coming in? I know it won't stop every beggar but at least people just won't see a post they like and joined just to beg.

2. You will still get people registering and spamming, notice all the people who just register and beg for links.

3. SemiPimpster

Yes, I know it will still happen... but if they are unable to see the "oh I gotta have that vid" post then they may not join. It seems like it may weed out some of the beggars.

4. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

A lot of us here probably wouldn't have joined if that was the case. I can see where you're coming from, but if phun became a forum that required joining before knowing what the content was, I dare say it wouldn't be as big as it currently is. A lot of people wouldn't have bothered registering, moved on, and a lot of the quality posters mightn't be with us.

5. SemiPimpster

You are right Kieks, and I did consider what you brought up since we found this site by finding the pic section and wandering into the vid vault. Just wanted to hear some opinions on this matter. It's a situation where we just have to compromise. :-|

6. E1138

E1138

how about just hiding the YSI topics?
    Plus, it could also say something like:
    Certain posts hidden since you are not a member/ have not contributed.

7. dabuzz

dabuzz

When I joined there wasn't a vid vault or celebrity forum, and I believe prior to that there wasn't even a babe forum...

I tried suggesting a separate free video (RS/QF/MU? etc) forum and a contributors only (YSI) forum but that idea has been knocked back a few times already. It saddens me to see many good free videos get knocked off the board so quickly when people can't even be bothered to type a quick reply.

8. doc1951

doc1951

Then again, if a lurker see what can be had, if they become a contributor, then they might just start to contribute. That is what happened for me.

9. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

I agree with Kieks on this. I probably wouldn't have joined if I had no clue on to what was even here or what kind of board it was. I lurked for about a month and just kinda saw what went on. I liked how it was run and saw what kinda content was posted so I joined. Its double edged of course, You get some good quality posters then you get your aveage lurker. Most of the problems of course are in the Vid Vault where I can see its a pain in the ass to upload that much shit only to have people with 3 posts beg for it and burn up YSI links then the rest just get bumped back 3 pages from something else entirley.