1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The Search Function

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Pilgrimpopper, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Just a query on something I've never really noticed before.

But does the search function only go back to the last 100 posts of a certain subject?

For example I've just done a search of Celebs section for Kristen Stewart threads and the last one showing up is from June this year....I can't believe there's no posts of her prior to that.

I have the forum set up to show posts "from the beginning", and the advanced search set to "any date" but nothing showing any older than earlier this year.

:confused:

2. mah0ne

mah0ne momsenetic ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It is set to list only 100 Threads, technically you can set that it lists you 1000 but imagine 50k users doing a search at the same time and suddenly listing 10x more threads, it does cost much more server traffic.
    I think thats the reason that it is set to 100 only which is in fact very few.
    I believe the standard is 500 finds.

Hope i could help

3. Cheers mate.

So basically for someone like Kristen who's had loads of posts recently, it's total pot luck then whether an older set of pics being posted is already here somewhere then?

4. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

The search goes back only 100 posts...but if you set it to search 6 months and older...it will show the 100 posts that are 6 months and older...

5. Nice 1 Hayd, thanks. That helps shopw up some older posts, but still not all the way back to the start, but good enough, cheers. ;)

6. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

It goes as back as 1 year :(