1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Viewing Thread...

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Mr. Malta, May 4, 2005.

1. Mr. Malta

Mr. Malta

On a lot of message boards that I've been on, when you click a link to a thread, for example, someones reading this one. At the bottom of the page it would show "users viewing thread" and then have their user names.

I think that could be interesting to have on this forum so you know who's reading what you are.

Just a suggestion from a new user.

2. antheh

antheh Banned.

Yeah I know what extention your talking bout, but i'm pretty sure it uses alot of the servers system resources. Also welcome to the forum.

3. Mr. Malta

Mr. Malta

Thanks for the welcoming.

But ya, if that's the case then I'm sure they've thought of it before.

4. Why is it necessary to suggest useless features, if your watching people instead of posting your a lurker. Who cares who looking at what, that is none of my concern. With all they vids and pics what the hell do I care what another member is looking at. You like to be in peoples business, or what. You can always go to the front page and see who is online. I think you should ask yourself what can I contribute to this forum instead of what I want.

5. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

jeez tommy it was only a suggestion :lol:

6. Too much yapping not enough posting, jeeze if it came from a regular maybe I would think about. But a noob talking about how to make it look like another site come on. Why don't we make a new forum just for noobs so they can talk among themselves.

7. antheh

antheh Banned.

Tommy that is a good idea, whether you ment it or not. :-?

8. Mr. Malta

Mr. Malta

Why would I want to become a regular after you rag on me for making a meer suggestion, notice I said 'suggestion' it's not something I want, it's me suggestion something that maybe the community might want. Obviously - you're not for it, a simple 'no' would of been acceptable.

Also how could I become a regular if I signed up only today? Comeon now - I'll be there soon. :p

Everyone has to start at the beginning, no?

9. antheh

antheh Banned.

Well atleast you didn't come out firing Mr. Malta, hopefully you stick around. :)

10. My point is this, the forum is fine the way it is for now, Cayne added a new forum, upgraded the server, and added back the who is online feature. If people want things added or changed donate to the man simple as that, most of you didn't even say thank you or know who runs this forum. People ask for petty things. In the time you had to think and type out your suggestion, you could have gone through each forum and replied to all the posts with 0 replies. Do people ever think about how sometimes a little thank you or hey great post can effect the members moral.

11. Mr. Malta

Mr. Malta

Eh, I'll be around when I'm bored (times like this). Hehe.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question Tommy, do I like being in peoples' business? No, but if you have a friend viewing the same thread...I won't even finish that. I just find it interesting to know who's looking at something when you are.

12. Not really that is what pm's are for and I can usally read what they replied to and reply back.

13. Mr. Malta

Mr. Malta

Ok, there's your constructive criticism then, thankyou.

14. antheh

antheh Banned.

I thanked cayne for the upgrading the server and adding a new forum and also the who is online feature. The only think I ask for is videos. I am often going into threads and typing out a thank you.

15. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

All member's suggestions are welcomed. If they are a regular they would have made a suggestion to one of us by now. I give new people's suggestion the same consideration and thought as i would a regular. If their suggestions are valid i would pass it along to cayne. I understand where you are coming from tommy. This doesn't sound like a feasable idea and here is the reason why:
    1) like aNtheh stated it will bog down the server.
    2) privacy issues(what little there is of it) i don't want people to know which thread i am wanking to :lol:
    3) It really doesn't serve a purpose to add that feature unless someone can suggest a huge benefit to adding this type of feature.

Thanks for the suggestion Malta.

16. Mr. Malta

Mr. Malta

Never thought of the wanking one issue! LOL, ok, ya - I see how it is now, thanks.

17. antheh

antheh Banned.

The only benefit would be knowing which thread azz is wanking to. :lol:

18. cayne

cayne Guest

Yeah, already the "who's online" thingy eats a lot of recources, adding this feature would kill the server completely. Such an option is only possible on smaller boards, with less than 3000 users online simultaneously ;)

welcome abroad.

19. antheh

antheh Banned.

I only knew that because I used to run a forum. ;-)

20. hatez

hatez

TommyboyDaMan
    [​IMG]