1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Sort by Thanks

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by linger, Sep 10, 2010.

1. linger

linger

Would adding a feature in the search page (or anywhere else on the forum) to sort results or current threads by the number of thanks a feasible request?

I think it would help a lot in finding quality posts if it's something that can be reasonably added. =)

mah0ne, mokkoriman and Ramsfan like this.
  2. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Agreed - with the recent wave of mediocre mass posters, it would be nice to search for quality posts. Can't imagine it should be too hard - you can already search by # of views, and # of replies, unless vBulletin doesn't have that type of flexibility.

linger and mah0ne like this.
  3. mah0ne

mah0ne momsenetic ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I never saw that on a vBulletin board. It would be an awesome thing to have though.

Make it happen!! :p

4. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

So an MQ with 100 thanks is better then a UHQ with 10 thanks?

I rather see something with less thanks and a post that i like then a post with lots of thanks that i don't like

5. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

If the feature is implemented then don't use it.

6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Sure. if the UHQ's are of Amy Winehouse and the MQ's are of a naked Kristin Cavallari.

It's just a feature request, it's not saying that one is better then the other, but the chances are high they will be.

LiquidVapors likes this.
  7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I think he is not referring to the celebs section - if it were in that forum the top results would be ten pages of the same handfull of just turned 16 teen celebs with the fanboys - the results would probably be more representative in sexy vids /ama sections.

8. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

this "thanks" - thing in a whole is no standard-vbulletin-feature. it´s a "third party" add-on. this add-on partially went out of order a while ago due to a vbulletin-update because the add-on wasn´t fully compatible to the new version - some of you might remember that there was a time one was able to search for thanked posts and/or threads by a specific user.

we are trying to convince Cayne to do another update - for security- reasons and because vb4.xxx might bring some new features to ease moderating and improve "experience" for all phunners) - i doubt there will be any sort of major forum-fine-tuning before this update. might take some time, though, sorry.

Salty Longshanks and mokkoriman like this.