1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: separate section for High Definition videos

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by ubergeek, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ubergeek

ubergeek

Suggestion:

A section for HD vids only.

There must be other quality snobs like me out there....

The thing about HD is that it is sometimes hard to find with the search feature, because some people would post HD videos using taglines: 720p, or 1080p, or HD, or some might not even mention, so it's a pain in the arse to find.

There is another forum out there with a section just for HD vids and it rules! I'd love to see it at phun as well.

2. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

:2cent: Surely, if it is not the case uniformally already, HD in the title should do the trick as opposed to another forum?

I can also hear debate on what people define as HD already starting!

mokkoriman and brothergrims like this.
  3. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

some board become heavy on the front screen with to many options.
    sure you can select the "girls with black panties and blond hair in a pale green room on white leather sofa wearing high heels" selection, but who on earth wants to wade through all the other forums to find it.
    im with gaps, as i so often am in these matters, becouse i love him.

4. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I wish you'd change your avitar to your 'other' helmet :naughty:

5. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Get a room, you two. :lol:

As for the subject at hand, all it takes is either an uploader to make an "HD" notation in the title, or just tag the post "HD". As an uploader, if I'm going to upload a video I know is HD quality, I'll make a point to make sure to tag it "high def" here at Phun. I would think most uploaders who are going to spend their time uploading a huge HD movie would make certain that people know it's high def. :2cent:

gaphugs likes this.
  6. ubergeek

ubergeek

That doesn't really do the trick. That's why i created the suggestion. You can't search for a two-letter word on phun. If i search for posts with 'HD' in the subject, the search returns zero results.

So, if i want to look for high-def videos on phun, i literally have to scroll through hundreds of posts looking for ones with HD in the subject.

if i'm only interested in "girls with black panties and blond hair in a pale green room on white leather sofa wearing high heels" as brothergrims suggested, then i can create a reasonable search for those things. But if i want to search for HD vids only, i cannot. Hence, my suggestion about a separate section.

Cheers.

7. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes, but I wasn't taking about using the typical search... if you do a Tag Search, and type "high def", you'll find that search yields more fruitful results.

8. ubergeek

ubergeek

Ah yes. i just discovered that actually, thank you for pointing it out!

The problem seems to be no one actually tags their videos. According to the 'high def' tag, there have been only three high def videos posted in the last 3 months!!

Obviously there have been dozens if not hundreds of high def movies posted in the last 3 months, however, i can't find them with the high def tag, and i can't find them by searching for 'HD'. So.... that's why i think there should be a separate section. :)

Cheers.

9. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

And most posters seem to tag their stuff with either 720, or 1080 as opposed to putting "high def" in the title. Therein lies another problem as both of those terms may be "too short" for the search, and wouldn't return the desired, if any results.

For the time being, methinks you'll have to deal with the status quo geek as I don't believe you'll see a new subforum in the near future. Sorry.

10. ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin

ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin It's So Moist

The minimum number of characters required for a search is three so both 720 and 1080 are sufficient and will get you plenty of results. We also added a new rule recently for video posts that file info like screen resolution be added within the post instead of in the screencaps so future searches should get you more results than a few weeks/months ago.