1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Sub Section for Celeb Photoshoots?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Wingz, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Wingz

Wingz Oh Noes!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

it seems a lot of people are posting photoshoots old and new which is cool, but I think putting it in a new section of the forum would make the celeb forum more tidier and also it would not push the new posts down to the bottom with old photoshoots.

anyone agree?

coclarkson and emachine1979 like this.
  2. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

We've had this pop up before, for now we're happy to keep it the way it is. Seperating pics and vids worked well, there will be times where the first couple of [ages have lots of candid pics and then another day there'll be lots of shoots. We introduced the '3 per day rule for older shoots' bhecause we really were getting over-run with old photoshoots. We still do get lots, I tend to try reply to the candid pics more often so they don't get dismissed to page 3 in a matter of hours.

haydaddict likes this.
  3. Wingz

Wingz Oh Noes!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Thanks for the reply Kieks, I guess old photoshoots are the next best thing when its a slow day.

4. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

I'm just gonna jack this thread cuz my suggestion seemed somewhat similar and why make another thread. I would also like to see a new section added to the celeb category. While I appreciate the TREMENDOUS amount of effort that goes into finding, uploading and populating the massive amount of threads in this section I often find myself aggravated cuz I cant just get to the nudies. Again, I am in no way shape or form ragging or getting down on anyones effort in the celeb section. I am thrilled to know that phun is pretty much my one stop shop for ANYTHING I am searching for. I have been floating around phun for almost 3 years now and it has become progressively harder to locate threads that have nudity. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing the celebs out and about and at premiers and the like, but sometimes I just wanna see some celeb booby. I know I can always use the search function, but I don't always have a particular person in mind. So my suggestion is a sub-section for celeb nudity, or alternatively a sub-section for non-nude. That is all.

irish-sid likes this.
  5. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I'm liking the nude celeb section idea.

6. Kieks

Nude celeb pics don't come around frequently enough to justify it. Playboy pics are banned, occasionally we get celebs that have nudes pop up and they obviously get lots of clicks, comments etc but a seperate sub-forum wouldn't have enough threads to hold weight.

7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I agree, the nude celeb section would be popular (see oops) but their is not enough fresh stuff out there IMO. I am still a big fan though of a sub section for older pics / shoots, although I can see the complication in (a) determining a cut off date (b) policing it.

The influx of older pics comes and goes, was bad for a while, but seems to have settled, again IMO

8. Kieks

Searching becomes a problem then as well, we'd have more reposts if people had to search an "older" celeb forum and the newish one, policing it would be difficult as well. It's like threads that go into the HOF, most milestone threads are old pics and such, but if say Scarlett Johansson had her top fall off at an event and she wasn't wearing a bra and at that moment in time, someone posted their 5,000th post with those pics, it'd of course no doubt go down as a memorable occasion and get shifted into the HOF later on. Then 2 months later, a new member signs up, searches for the pics in the celeb forum, can't find them, posts them up and is then hounded for reposting the pics.

i find the more sub-sections we have, the more confusing it will get. We seem to have a decent balance at the moment, IMo. But of course, peoples' opinions are welcome.

Redwing1 likes this.
  9. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Id guess that a separation between Candid and Photoshoots could help....but thats always debatable...

Also i think any kind of caps from movie/shows/music videos should be posted in the video section....this way..it will get more traffic also.

10. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

I'm not sure I really understand the argument proposed here. The celeb pics section moves too quickly as it stands now. Someone, like myself, that isn't on here EVERY day can easily miss something and be stuck looking through pages and pages of threads just to find out if anybody new has popped a tit or flashed an ass cheek. It seems that everything has its own dedicated section EXCEPT nude celebs. If I go into the model section I know what I am going to get, if I look in the creative backyard or the general forum, again I know what I will find. Adversely, the celeb pics section just feels like such a hodgepodge of assorted stuff. Is there more cost involved with adding a sub section for the nudity? Based on your statement it doesn't seem likely to cause much extra work for the mods since it won't move as quickly as some of the other sections. It just feels like, in it's current state, that the celeb pic section has moved so far away from where it was 3 years ago when I started. Again, I am not knocking anyone's effort, as I also appreciate checking out celebs as they do their thing on the red carpet or at the food store. I am just hoping for a way to choose which (nude/non-nude) that I am browsing. If a sub-section is ABSOLUTELY out of the realm of possibility then perhaps affixing some sort of code letter ie. NSFW (only an example, not my suggestion) to titles of threads that contain nudity could help. In this fashion clicking search and then typing in NSFW would yield results of new threads displaying nudity without having to have a SPECIFIC celeb in mind. I guess I just feel a little disappointed that I have been progressingly finding myself going elsewhere to keep up with the latest celeb nudity, not because it isn't here on phun, as it almost always is....in better form to boot, but because its just not easy or efficient to try to locate it.

11. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I agree with Kieks, and the requirement for thorough thread titles should make it easy to find the "nude" Celebs, cause we all know when someone finds nude pics of a Celeb the text in the thread title can't get big or bold enough to announce "NUDE"

I do like Hayd's idea, I think that caps from movie/shows/music videos should be placed in the Celeb Video Forum.

12. Majesty9917

Firstly, I am not looking to go toe to toe with the mods in any way. P4 have you tried doing a search for nude? I have just done so and even filtered my search down to just the celeb forum, tried searching whole post and titles only. I gotta be honest, it didn't make locating "new" celeb nudity any easier. Perhaps there is something I am missing? I'm not trying to cause trouble or buck the system. If you can show me where I am making an error and how to more efficiently track down the nudie stuff I will be content and shut up.

13. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I just did a search of the Celeb forum, and got back 100 threads with the word "nude" in the thread title.

When you search do you look for thread titles or entire posts?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Majesty9917

Agreed I also got 100 results with the word "nude", however MOST of them were just repeats of the same thread. Trying to find anything in this manner is is definitely NOT efficient. I agree that, with the strict naming conventions, the search function works fantastically WHEN you have a specific target subject, however in my instance I am looking to see, GENERALLY, if any new celeb nudity has been added.