1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Screencaps

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by NinjaCook, Apr 2, 2005.

1. NinjaCook

NinjaCook

I should start a rookie forum...I searched the forums but nothing showed...

I have more vids to post, but I want to figure out screencaps so I can follow the rules....So I have the images saved in the same size i see in the properties of other screencaps...i have tried the attachment option and uploading in rapidshare and pasting the link but when i preview it does not show the screencap in the foum message, just a link or the attachment . How do I get the image to show in the thread?

Thanks!

2. antheh

antheh Banned.

You could use an image hoster, such as imagevenue.com or glowfoto.com hoped that helped out your dilema.

3. TatudGonzo

TatudGonzo

You can email them to me and Ill host em and send you the link back if you dont get it figured out

4. SirCumAlot

SirCumAlot

When you want to post an image in the message you do the following. After clicking the
    New Reply button... a new page appears that allows you to enter information into the post your making. In the message portion of the look under the drop down box that says color. There should be a little square icon that looks sorta like a moutain. If you let you mouse hover over it it was say its name.

You click on this button and then enter the url of your image and it will put the code needed in your message for ya.

NOTE: This assumes the image is stored on some server other then rapidshare.

5. NinjaCook

NinjaCook

I did exactly what you said with an image(clicked the mountain) and entered the url on rapidshare, but it doesent show up when i preview the post.

6. SirCumAlot

SirCumAlot

It won't work for rapidshare. I should have mentioned that to you before. Sorry about that. You need to store the image at a place like imagevenue.com. It doesn't work on rapidshare cause there is a certain amount of time you have to wait before your ticket is ready. There is probably some more technical reasons why it would not work there.

7. antheh

antheh Banned.

Just use imagevenue for them, once you have uploaded the image they give you the code so all you need to do is copy and paste it into the post.

8. SirCumAlot

SirCumAlot

After you have done that I would suggest doing a test to make sure it works. Just add a reply to this thread with an image and see if it comes up. Once you sure it works then go to the video vault if you have a clip to post.

9. NinjaCook

NinjaCook

Thanks for the help so far, but here we go...

I uploaded the file on imagevenue..Tried to paste link using the mountian icon, and that didt not work in preview mode. Then tried to paste the link With the paste icon, and I got the message "Edit Mozilla configto allow tis action"

Mozilla users help? I dunno.....

10. TatudGonzo

TatudGonzo

11. antheh

antheh Banned.

When you upload an image to imagevenue.com it will have a thumbnail of the picture then some boxes with some text in them, click in the first box and highlight all the text in there, then paste that link into the message box here on the forum, don't worry bout clicking the mountain thing.

12. NinjaCook

NinjaCook

I dont want someone to do it for me. Thanks anyway, I rather learn how to be a fully contibuting member on my own, If those with the knowledge keep sharing.

Thanks!

13. antheh

antheh Banned.

If you still don't get it, i'll do a tutorial with screenshots. :)

14. NinjaCook

NinjaCook

I have the image uploaded. I dont see a thumbnail. I get 5 options of websites that contain the link , but when i try to paste i have to click the paste button and I get the Mozilla error message

15. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

do it ayways. I will post it in the vid vault thanks