1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

RapidShare - Another change

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Mal5950, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal5950

Mal5950

Yet another change at RapidShare.

RS $ came and went
    Account time extentions came and went
    Happy hour came and went

Now we have Premium Points! http://rapidshare.de/cgi-bin/premiumzone.cgi

They'll quit messing around one day!

Oh! and Premium account holders can have up to 200 simultaneous downloads as opposed to the previous 8.

2. Phun Fan

Phun Fan

The 1 minute per upload extension was already in place. I've been cheated out of almost 3000 minutes under this scheme since they started messing around. Three emails of complaint, and no response!!!

3. Phun Fan

Phun Fan

I am fully supporting Florian, and KeepMyFile. I have given him feedback several times, and recieved a helpful response within 24hrs each time. Uploads have been smooth, downloads are consistantly fast, and the zipped upload of pictures feature is brilliant. Lets hope the traffic we are giving, enables them to expand, and give RapidShare an example to live up to.

4. demonspeedng22

demonspeedng22 Habitual line-stepper

LOL. 200 simultaneous downloads is a little extreme.Alot of pc's wouldnt have the memory to handle that

5. AwwSkeetSkeet

AwwSkeetSkeet

does anyone have a premium account here? how is it and is it worth the $

6. Phun Fan

Phun Fan

I do. The uploading, and downloading is good. The reward program that they have set up is constantly being messed with, and my files are not all being credited to me on the report they put together. I have sent emails containing the links that need to be added to the report, and no action is taken, and no reply to my email.
    I am getting my money's worth, but if they want me to upload with the promise of rewards, they need to keep the bargain they strike instead of changing it every 3-4 weeks.

7. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

support keepmyfile by clicking the adds. best way to keep it free.

8. demonspeedng22

demonspeedng22 Habitual line-stepper

I love mine.Not even $10 for a month,havent really had any problems

9. Mal5950

Mal5950

Yeah, I'd say a Premium account at RS is really good value for money if you download a lot, if you just download occasionally and are happy with the 1 hour restriction or can work round it then maybe it isn't.
    I've had a Premium account for a few months and wouldn't be without it.

As Phun Fan & wtfazzhole say though, If we can support Keepmyfile by uploading movies there and clicking on an ad or two every time we upload or download, it'll help Florian. It has the makings of a great service without hourly limits and hoops to jump through. I have one movie on Keepmyfile and will be uploading more in due course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.