1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

NOOB Question about links

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by tacomann, May 23, 2005.

1. tacomann

tacomann

I'm just getting started and have a question or two.
    When I request a link (ysi) is it sent to me via my registered e-mail or are they sent to me as a private message?
    Also how do I know when someone request a link from me?
    I tried uploading a vid to YSI and it quit right at the very end of the upload. It was 57mb. Did I do sopmething wrong?

2. the requested link will be sent to you via pm
    you have to start a thread and everybody who wants the link will post in this thread
    I don't know what you did wrong, but perhaps i can tell it you if you give me more infos. Do you have a W-lan? What kind of connection do you have? have you checked your e-mail account? what message did YSI gave you?

3. tacomann

tacomann

I think It may be because I clicked my back button and then the upload progress was gone when I clicked the reload button.
    I will give it another go. I'll experiment with a couple of smaller files.
    Thanks.

4. Halitosis Joe

Halitosis Joe

yeah if you move away from the uploading page everything will be lost, you can open additional windows though