1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

MegaUpload - SOLUTION

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Mal5950, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Mal5950

Mal5950

Let my start by saying that I have privately probably been one of MU's biggest critics. I've been there; PC left running all night to download a file only to find in the morning there's still half of it to go. Only ever achieving d/l speeds of arond 17kb/s.
    Well that's behind me now and I'm embrassing MU with open arms! Why? Because it would appear that obtaining good d/l speeds from MU may well depend on the d/l manager that you use!
    After trying several different methods and d/l managers I have now found a d/l manager that can download from MU with much faster d/l speeds. I have tested this d/l manager for the last couple of days on various different files and although speeds have varied from at different times and with different files I have been achieving d/l speeds on average between 50kb/s - 80kb/s and have also got in excess of 100kb/s. I have just finished downloading two 270MB files simulataniously from MU, with an average d/l speed of 80kb/s for each file.

The d/l manager I am talking about is called: "Free Download Manager". Yes it is totally free, no licence or registration charges.

If you want to try it out for yourself, here's the link to the download page:
    (The d/l link on the page isn't obvious at first, but it's to the right of where it reads: FDM ver. 1.8 (1334 Kb, setup)

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

How to use with MU:
    When the counter counts down to zero and changes to "Click here for Download", drag the link across to the "Drop Box" of "Free Download Manager". Your download will then commence.

Before you ask: I would like to point out that I am not associated with this program in any way. I'm just a regular member of this forum who is trying to pass on some knowledge which may benefit this community

Here's the "blurb" from the site about "Free Download Manager 1.8":

Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured download accelerator and manager. It is absolutely free! Using this software product you can easily download a list of files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never before!
    FDM is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use application. Also this software product is well-known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface. FDM can function as a site manager, accelerator, site explorer and scheduler.
    FDM can resume broken downloads. So you needn't start the downloading process from the very beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted. Also this program warns you if resuming isn't supported by the servers. It allows you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.
    FDM is an indispensable tool for download acceleration. It splits files into several sections and then downloads them simultaneously allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%.
    This software application can be used in automatic mode. You can schedule the following operations: set or hang up the Internet connection, exit from the program and shutdown the computer. All the operations mentioned above can be set at the specified time.
    FDM allows adjusting traffic usage. So it provides you with an opportunity to browse web pages much faster if you use a low connection speed.

System requirements:

In order to use FDM, you must have one of the following operating systems and browsers installed on your computer:

Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP
    Internet Explorer 5.0 and above.

2. I still don't want mu vids on the forum because members are too lazy to post there own pics and descriptions. Damn when we had people posting mu vids I would see the same exact post in 3 other forums. Now they can use this dl manager but they can download the vids from other forums.

3. It's ok I said no mu vids, now I see stuff like pic sets and other things like software in the form of mu files on the forum and they can use it for that. I still see stuff from your forum popping up on other forums.

4. Mal5950

Mal5950

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying/mean?
    If guys want to post their vids on my forum and also on another forum that's up to them, surely!

5. No your barely legal vids I see them all over the place, just without the screen caps.

6. Insider4ever

Insider4ever

Hey Mal:

You're the man!!! That Free Download Manager worked just like you said it would. I was about to give up on a 272meg file that indicated it would take 74 hours to download. With FDM I got it in under two (with cable).

I have just one problem. I have it on a machine at work and frequently download business files. The FDM program pops up everytime I start to download something. I have to keep closing it in order to d/l things the usual way. I'm afraid this is going to make anyone else that uses my computer to d/l suspicious. Is there anyway to just let it sit in the programs list and launch it only when I need it?

Insider

7. Mal5950

Mal5950

As with all download managers, check your settings.
    Right click on the d/l manager in your system tray and uncheck Browser Monitoring and Clipboard Monitoring.

8. Insider4ever

Insider4ever

That was one of the things I had already tried. Thanks for confirming that it was the correct thing to do. The more discrete I can make that program the better.

Now I'm gonna go figure out how to share some of my pix collection with y'all. Wish me luck

9. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

if yoou're using it at work, you might want to make sure you clear the history too

10. LMMJ

LMMJ Mr. Kari Sweets Ten Years of Phun

WOW i am gettin 90+ kbps instead of the usual 13
    THX

11. Lizarazu

Lizarazu

this site is invalid :(