1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

"KMF" Keep My File

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TommyboyDaMan, Aug 28, 2005.

1. After a brief discussion with Florian, if you want to continue to use his services use it for vids under 25 megs and under, also those of you have some large vids hide your links and treat it as a reply post. You guys are putting a great strain on his server and taking granted his services.

2. Florian

Florian

Lets keep it all good!

Thank you for your support keeping down the bandwidth while keeping your file ;-)

Officialy I do not allow split archives anymore.. I will thought FOR THIS FORUM ONLY

Up to 300mb are OK
    IF: keep the links secret! Only hand them to people that support us (for instance by having a good look at the ADS we show)

I will implememnt a function to PW-protect the downloads within 2 days or so..

Try to use our picture-upload service! I'm still tweaking around and working on a mass-upload arae for paid memberships (no price availible yet.. 2-3€/month)

3. I removed the links from phun fans post and asked him to use the reply methods since that was the largest post. But will try to find the rest of the large ones.

4. Fire99

Fire99

Thank you for allowing split archived for us.

You came to us asking to try your FREE service, we didn't know anything about KMF. We tried it, and it was good! I will abide by the new rules.

There were plenty of posts, by me and others, saying "Wait untill he gets the PHUN downloads, his bandwidth is going to get get clobbered or start charging for the service".

No offense intended, but you popped into the Phun world, asking us to to try YOUR website. We did.

If you are looking to be the next RS, good luck, hope your customer service is better!

Sorry if your bandwidth got killed. PHUN + Pay= no PHUN

Fire99

5. Clicking the ads help also.

6. Florian

Florian

++++ Tommyboy ;-)

Yes.. I CAME here.. the first site I let try out my service..
    and that is also why I will inoficially support larger files for this forum..
    Also you people from phun will get extra fast support thru this forum ;-)

And I want to keep the service free! There will be aditional accounts you can pay for with extra features for small-medium webmasters...
    But still I have to pay the bills.. I got good rates for traffic.. but thats all still no use when I get my 600€ bill for just the traffic ;-) right?

So again.. splitt archives are ok if you keep em in a smaller circle.. dont openly post them please..

And also I think that my picture zip-file upload is a great function ;-) check it out

7. Fire99

Fire99

I click 3 times in PHUN, KMF or any free service, to give the ad dollars to the host.
    Tommy, I'm just saying he came to us. "Beware what you wish for, it may come true".

Fire99

8. Florian

Florian

thank you for supporting all the sites that offer free (=ad-supported) sites Fire99! That makes you a great user! Really! There are soo many people out there that take everything for grants... and that in real live too..

9. Mal5950

Mal5950

Guess that explains why my 122MB split archive uploaded Friday evening was deleted then!!!! More wasted limited Bandwidth.

Well on the way to becoming the next RS:
    Max file size increases, max file size decreases, no split archives.
    All very familiar with the constant goalpost shifting at RS.

10. LMMJ

LMMJ Mr. Kari Sweets Ten Years of Phun

so...... how do you know the split archive upload is comming from Phun members when they are uploaded?

11. Florian

Florian

Referers ;-)

What 122MB file of yours got deleted ?? I'm pretty sure I did not...

Yes.. we did have a shift and I'm sorry for that!!! I did not delete the bigger files uploaded! They will stay since I said that I accept 50MB.. but accepting 50MB files was a big error.. we are very new to this business, are still learning and also make mistakes...
    Other people (not from this forum!) abused the bandwidth big time.. and I had to underbind that.. maybe stick to RS?... since some things will change in the future!! Only one thing I really really want to keep up is unlimited downloading at top speeds our line can take --> I HAD to put down the maximum upload size and disallow splitt archives..

Also in the free members area I will be adding the normal file-upload.. and maybe add special accounts for this forum... but everything later this evening! I need to do some sports now!

I hope you still all like the service..

12. Mal5950

Mal5950

TommyboyDaMan PM'd me at 08:11 this morning telling me that my files had been deleted.
    I checked straight away and sure enough they had. I then PM'd TommyboyDaMan and asked him to delete the entire post.

13. Florian

Florian

i did not delete them from the server.. If you still have the download-codes you may give them to people 'good' bord-users via PM! but make sure they are via PM.. I might install a referer-check for those files so they only can be downloaded if referer is correct...
    TommyboyDaMan did this with a couple more posts since he knows what those download-rates will do.. a huge traffic bill and then I must do a maximum download-limit and or paid service... I DON'T want to do that.. I think I can earn enough by keeping up a free service .. I don't have the intention of becoming filthy rich.. just a 2-300€ extra a month would not hurt.. so I can layback while going to university..

I hope you can see that I care!

btw.. please hit me up with the dl-IDs so I can check it.. I only deleted 4 files so far.. and they were posted by someone on another heavy copiright infringment download forum... xxxmovies or something like that.. they are 100% warez.. and I dont want that!

14. Skal Tura

Skal Tura

Florian, would you like to team up on this, to provide free service to everyone etc.?

I run a hosting company, and you needs lots of bandwidth.

I'll PM you the specs :)

15. Florian

Florian

Please no PMs about these topics:
    hosting offers for me..
    if I can add your ad for free (I want to keep them down as much as possible!)
    ... please! We are happy the way it is! with some limitations this service can exist and grows at a high paste..

Any real comments/wishes for us? Anything is welcome.. we can take critisism (atleast some ;-))

flo