1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

[K2S/RG] Jennifer Garner - Daredevil (2003) 1080p BluRay REMUX

Discussion in 'Celebrity Movies' started by hefestus, Sep 7, 2024.

1. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

2. Keith David

Keith David

Was surprised they brought back Elektra for Deadpool 3. Basically because...why?

(was surprised and delighted they brought back Blade, though)

naceblade, CaptainFan88 and hefestus like this.
  3. quelargo1976

quelargo1976 15 Year Member

To tie up the loose ends on all the various fox marvel properties. They had at least one character from each.

santino27, hefestus and CaptainFan88 like this.
  4. Keith David

Keith David

I know why. I'm just like 'why'? Elektra was terrible (I'm sorry). If anything it would have made more sense to get Affleck back as Daredevil (even though he was also terrible) because Affleck's a big star. But then, I suppose Affleck would have made the movie too expensive
    Well, Blade wasn't Fox, those were New Line and they had Channing Tatum as Gambit. He never played Gambit before, Taylor Kitsch did. Channing was going to be Gambit but the film went into development hell

Thedge likes this.
  5. quelargo1976

quelargo1976 15 Year Member

You're right that Blade was New Line. Yes Taylor Kitsch did play Gambit, but Logan is already there to tie up all the X-men stuff. I think that they included Channing as a nod to everything they wanted to do, or I guess he could be there as an acknowledgement to the animated series. And yes, I know about X-men 97.

Honestly why not Jennifer? At this point Affleck was more well known for Batman than Daredevil. She was fun and made just as much sense as Ben would have.

santino27 likes this.
  6. Keith David

Keith David

I just don't think the fans were clamouring to see more Elektra. Although her introduction scene was funny
    Deadpool: So you're Wonder Wo-
    Elektra: Elektra
    Deadpool: Of course, who could forget?
    Well, Chris Evans was probably more well known for being Captain America than Human Torch but they still had him in

7. santino27

santino27 Muddling through Ten Years of Phun

Levy (the director), Reynolds, and Garner all worked together in the Adam Project and had a good time. I'm sure that contributed a bit to her version of Elektra going on the list of 'characters who never got an ending' for the movie.

emwangarand likes this.
  8. emwangarand

emwangarand

That and it led to one of my favorite stealth jokes in the movie, when Deadpool gives his condolences to Elektra when he found out Daredevil was dead. She just shrugged and said "eh." Nice little humorous jab at her IRL romance with Affleck. :D

Keith David and santino27 like this.
  9. Keith David

Keith David

Movie was full of clever in jokes like that. Like when Blade said 'I don't like you' to Deadpool and Deadpool responded 'Well, you never did', that was a reference to how Wesley Snipes and Ryan Reynolds didn't get along on the set of Blade 3

santino27 and emwangarand like this.