1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT 7 DAYS, AND SOME DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. WE'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS DETAILS EMERGE.
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

just a question -

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Oct 6, 2005.

1. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

are we trying a new url-"service" ? just curious...

http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/37513c85723 resulted after posting in

http://srs.targetpoint.com/external.htm?url=http%3A//www.keepmyfile.com/download/37513c85723&nw=0&uid=233049&cid=1240,1200,30003,8830,8000&tp=1&ps=2!1!%237991BE$$3!1!0$$3!4!13$$3!6!1$$4!1!8$$4!4!12$$5!1!%23F8C905$$6!3!0$$6!4!%23697FAA$$6!6!16$$7!1!0$$7!4!11$$7!5!0$$8!1!%237991BE$$&wd=760&hg=80&lo=http%3A//forum.phun.org/showthread.php%3Ft%3D57539#exit

2. Mal5950

Mal5950

I was trying it out a few weeks back, but then when they started moving the goalposts and deleting files I gave up with keepmyfile.

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

it´s not just keepmyfile... also RS-links are "redirected" on srs.targetpoint.com

4. cayne

cayne Guest

yeah that's a the ad-banner above the clicks. it doesn't change the target of the link, it just adds the ad-banner above. hope that's not a problem...it's part of a huge ad-deal I've closed.

5. TheRiver

okay!

6. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

I've noticed the re-direct with rapidshare.se too. I hope it pays off for you cayne. anything that works to keep this place going is worth it.

7. Hairball

Hairball

8. Svalbard

Svalbard

Maybe it´s just me, but since the re-director was implemented on the site, I sometimes gets trouble. If I open like 4-5 simultaneous windows in IE, IE freaks out and opens about 50-60 windows in "cascade style". This causes the IE service to crash and I have to kill the service from task manager to close IE. I´m running a 3,2 GHZ prop with 1 GB of RAM so that shouldn´t be a problem. I haven´t experienced this on any other site either. It´s just on this (magnificent) forum...

9. Mal5950

Mal5950

I occasionally had that problem before the re-director was implemented. I also found with IE on this forum that about an inch of the right hand side of the page was missing.
    Sometimes when the site is really busy with lurkers (who always seem to outnumber members about 2-1) I couldn't get on the site with IE.
    I switched to using Firefox for this forum and odd as it may seem, find it's much better, with none of the afore mentioned problems.

10. Mal5950

Mal5950

Further to my post above. I decided to check out the forum today using IE, the first time I've done so since the re-director was implemented. As soon as I clicked on a link, IE went crazy opening multiple pages. I ended up having to kill IE and re-boot my system.
    To check this wasn't just a one off, after a thorough check of my system I tried again with a different link . . . . . and yep exactly the same thing happened!
    I may check it out with Netscape also, but for now it's back to Firefox - for this forum at least.

11. dade82

dade82

I've had they same problems, do we really need targetpoint? I guess it's making money per click for the forum and all but it's a pain in the ass. Iusually save some rapidshare links to download later now that isn't so easy to do anymore

12. cayne

cayne Guest

Hmm I'm never using IE so I didn't know about these problems.

Tried it now, and opend 10 different threads and images, and everything worked good. Just pics hosted on rapidshare.se showed me a message, that there is a frameset above the pic, but that's it.

but it's true that the right part of the from isn't viewable to 100%.

13. DrBrumTangerine

DrBrumTangerine Phun Medical Resident

Links don't seem to be working through targetpoint. It keeps saying 'service unavailable', in that black-font-white-background-really-snotty-and-annoying way. Links work when you filter the proper url out of the address bar. I'm using FF.

EDIT: Now it's working again. Weird.