1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How to split a vid file into separate VIEWABLE vids?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by longlivephunk, Aug 26, 2005.

1. longlivephunk

longlivephunk

Have been desperately searching for an answer to this problem in the about phun.org forum to no avail.

I want to be able to split my vids so that people dont need to rejoin them afterwards. How do you do this.

So far, I know how to

1)split a file using HJSPLIT (but these are not viewable on their own)
    2)create zip/rar files individually of these parts
    3)Post on RS these separate parts

So a few things...Is there a quicker way to separate a vid into non-viewable parts? (ie take a vid and tell WinZip/WinRar to create several parts)

Second, how would one go about making these parts standalone so people dont need to download all the parts to view their favorite part?

Thanx

2. What video format?

3. longlivephunk

longlivephunk

in this case avi..but im sure ill want to find out for many types other vids too, especially mpg and wmv

4. Don't really know about for .wmv you can try asftools. But also try cnet I was there looking for a program to convert .mov to .avi.

5. longlivephunk

longlivephunk

wait a sec...theres no way to simply "cut" a file into standalone pieces (that can play without the need for all the parts) without having to CONVERT it?

like I cant just cut an avi vid into 5 avi pieces or an mpg in 5 mpg vids?

6. dabuzz

dabuzz

For *.avi files you could try VirtualDub, however that may lead to audio synch problems depending on how the file was originally encoded. Another program which i've tried with great success was AVI Splitter, it split my file into viewable parts without losing any quality however it's only available for a limited trial period unless you find a crack...

Also check this thread in the general section for more video splitting & joining software ;)

7. Phun Fan

Phun Fan

I liked AVI Split so much, I actually bought it. The cracks I found didn't work.

8. longlivephunk

longlivephunk

thank you all for the info...unfortunately, it seems close to impossible to do this with mpeg vids, which is the format i have the most of...

Oh well, I guess Ill just have to join and YSI or split and RS and force everyone to download all parts.

9. lace

lace boo!

dont really know what problem u got but have u ever tried AVI MPEG ASF WMV Splitter or AVI MPEG ASF WMV Joiner
    they are quite ok
    EASY VIDEO JOINER is another useful tool

10. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

Try these:
    They work just fine for me. Hint when using the crack and "registering it", do not have an active connection to the internet or it will not allow the S/N.

Easy Video Joiner v5.21:
    http://216.194.66.62/ezjoiner.exe
    SN:
    http://xaliasx.asdfhost.com/evj521.txt

Easy Video Splitter v2.01:
    http://216.194.66.62/ezsplitter.exe
    SN:
    http://xaliasx.asdfhost.com/evs201.txt

Compliments of Datsfowl in his software page w/cracks thread:
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=24717&page=2&pp=15&highlight=video+splitter

11. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

These 2 program links are dead. The text files are still good