1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Help Needed Thread...

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Austxsoul, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Austxsoul

Austxsoul A Pirates Life For me

I started one of these "help me" threads when I first joined Phun but could not find it. But I need some help again.

I have searched and found some great information but hey, I am the old guy that learns slowly so what can i say.

I have downloaded some .rar files.

I have downloaded and installed 7zip. (On Windows 7 64)

Step by step, how should I unpack these files and what do I need to do next?

There was something about putting the files back together again (?)...

2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

if this 7zip works like winrar a click on the .rar-file should do the trick.
    if you have a multi-part achive a klick on the first part should join all respective rars.

Austxsoul and Salty Longshanks like this.
  3. Biscuit666

Biscuit666 Guest

or use something called hj split to join them

Austxsoul and Salty Longshanks like this.
  4. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Austxsoul likes this.
  5. Austxsoul

Thank you all....

It is three RAR files... Do I extract them all to the same directory? I am getting a message "This file already exists..." when I try to extract the 2nd one...

6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

what is the extension of the rar's

001.rar

or rar.001

?

7. Austxsoul

CAI.part1.rar and part2.rar and part3.rar

8. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

by clicking on the CAI.part1.rar all other parts will automatical be extracted and "combined" with the other parts. all set, i guess.

Austxsoul and Perfect4ths like this.
  9. Austxsoul

River, when I click on the first one I get the windows message:

"Windows can't open file"

So I right click and use 7zip - Extract files...

10. TheRiver

okay - but apparently your rars have been extracted. you just need to find the folder they are in. should be similar to the file-names... CAI or such.
    might want to check what files are in there.

Austxsoul likes this.
  11. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I know what's in them. You should use winrar and open only the first one. If i was you i extract them to a folder called photoshop. When you got it extracted you need to install photoshop. :)

Austxsoul likes this.
  12. Austxsoul

OK, sorry to seem so "dumb" here but I do have three .rar files extracted to three different directories. Par2 & par3 had some "broken" files - Stated by 7zip while extracting.

I have downloaded and installed Quickpar but can not figure out what to do next...

13. Cold As Ice

All 3 parts should be in one place, then open part1 with winrar and extract it to a folder. Part 2 and 3 will automatic be extracted. I did split the folder i had in 3 parts because RS can't handle 600 MB file

14. Salty Longshanks

Aust, If you have winrar, and quickpar installed, double click on the first par file that came with your download. When it finishes verifying/repairing the files if it needs to, right click on the first RAR file and select extract here. All of your stuff will then show in the same folder as the RAR files. ;)

15. Cold As Ice

Quickpar is not needed, there are others who used the same parts and got no problems with them.

Aust, if you keep having problems i will see if i can upload the 598 MB somewhere else.

16. Salty Longshanks

If you can, send me the link Ice. We need to hook a brotha up here. ;)

17. Austxsoul

Problems are with me. It is me that has not done these type of processes before. Just very old school I guess...

I am trying something now...

18. Salty Longshanks

Make a new folder, and try cutting, and pasting them there Aust. Then do the "extract here" thing with the right click. ;)

19. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Hell, maybe there is something wrong with the RAR files, can you post the link to the thread you got them from?

20. Salty Longshanks

The par files should have corrected that, but who the hell knows. ;)