1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Got a problem

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by jalabert, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jalabert

jalabert

When i'm downloading from YSI I have expirienced a couple of times that the download process have stopped too soon (halfways or so)

In the "how to post" thread I've found this:

Downloading:
    1. You sometimes get a connection reset by server error, but dont panic.
    2. You can resume downloads if you right click and save target as, but it counts as 2 downloads so the links die quicker.
    3. Sometimes if alot of people are downloading the same file your download speed slows down, so you might want to check back later.

However I don't understand what it is I shall save target as. Can someone help me out?

2. In IE, you can use save target when downloading by right clicking and it will resume where it stopped and dl the rest. In FF you need to use a dl manager to do the same. But I experience the same thing when I dl a vid larger than 300 megs. But I tell this to everyone when you resume a dl it kills the dl limit because it counts as another dl.

3. jalabert

jalabert

Using IE. Are you talking about right clicking on the window that shows the download information. Cause I tried it without luck but that was after it had finished and asked if I wanted to open it. Shall I do it while it still downloads and how will I know when if this is the case?

4. First check your temp files it might be there still. If it finished dl'ing you can move it to where you keep your vids and open it there. But only you dl'ed the whole vid.

5. jalabert

jalabert

I can watch the video, but only about half of it. Can I get to download the other half in any way without having to try to download the whole thing again which would probably just result in the same problem appearing again

6. http://s48.yousendit.com/dmanagers.aspx

All I can tell you is use this the next time you download a vid.

7. jalabert

jalabert

seems this is just the program I needed - thanks mate