1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Fastshare

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by jalabert, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jalabert

jalabert

Had my last post about this subject deleted so I probably used the wrong forum or Tommy wanted me to do my "homework" before posting.

Anyway Fastshare could be an alternative to Rapidshare. It allows 30 MB as Rapidshare but theres no hourly limit.

Found some information about it another place where they seem pretty happy about it. However there's a slight problem with some pop-ups but nothing that can't be solved.

Trying out a new service..... with a few Night Call clips.....
    http://FastShare

Things I need to know......
    Any sort of limits like Hourly, RAR's (yes or no), download speed, download managers (yes or no) .... etc !!!

I have more night call clips... if this service goes well i'll upload them there.

So far limits are....
    30 mb's size upload....
    After 60 days of non activity files are deleted....
    RAR's are Allowed....

Also.... make sure you have your Pop Up Blocker on and if you use Firefox like I do..... get the info through Adblock on what you can block on that page. There is a BIG Ad in front of the link. Either close it out or use AdBlock with Firefox to stop it from appearing. Then you have to left click on that link there too.... then the download starts !!

I uploaded a bunch there already..... clips 7 to 18. I need to know if they limit you to anything at all.

This service may be better than Rapid Share if they don't have hourly limits !!

So how can I get it? From whatever I could make out from the site, the links to those files are known only to you (just like RapidShare). You mentioned something about pop-ups. Is the links supposed to pop-up? I'm not getting any pop-up in Firefox or IE even after allowing pop-ups.

Ok..... after you click on the link it takes you to the page. This page loads a BIG Ad right in front of the download link. Use your AdBlock with Firefox to figure out which one it is and to stop it from appearing everytime you visit the page. I don't see the ad anymore because it is blocked in my AdBlock options. Or if you want.... just keep closing the ad everytime you visit the page... but AdBlock is easier.

If you don't have AdBlock installed.... go to the Firefox site and look through extensions !! ;)

After you get that problem solved.... you will see the link.... left click on that ..... then the download will start and ask you how you want to save it !!

Thats what written bout it elsewhere. Tested it myself without big problems

2. phun luvn

phun luvn

dude, thanks for doing the leg work, i will try to upload and host tonight.

3. Hey jalabert quit posting this, this is the second time you posted it. It was trashed the first time because there were some bugs in it. I am not going to ask you again and if you tested how come you haven't posted anything with the site. Come on now.

4. Lusting4You403

Lusting4You403

What kind of bugs are there? Looks like he put a lot of effort into it and feels and believes that everything is fine with it

5. First of all don't put up what your not going to use. Second let some of us like me test it before you post it. Do you want to deal with 50 people whining something unknown made there computer crash. There was a reason why it was trashed in the first place and if you did not know the reason I rather not discuss it with you. Notice firefox user and you know someone using IE is going to complain.

6. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

this url has been modified not to work. Once tommy gives itthe ok then iwill ask that you repost this. Until then lets wait and see if it is something we will need.

7. ReachBackAnd

ReachBackAnd

^^Secret Spammer Man , he's a secret...spammer man. Danger is his middle name, living only for the game he's a secret spammer man...ooooooooooo

8. phun luvn

phun luvn

tommy, seams to be working ok for people who understand their computer. ie pop up blocker sees the download and will block it, all they have to do is ok the download by rt click on the pop up blocker, it did direct to an add on time and all i had to do was refresh the page and it went to the down load. i will hold off on using it any more untill i hear from one of you mods just to make sure it is something that will work ok for us, one member said the download speed was better the rs. here is a link to the thread.

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=21705

9. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

thanks phun. it doesn't have to be one of us checking it out. if you used it and it comes out fine we can add that to our arsenal of webhosts. Thanks i will check out your thread later tonight. :)

10. bastardofchrist

bastardofchrist

Checked it in your other thread and it worked just fine.

11. jalabert

jalabert

Sorry been on holiday and have therefore not participated in the discussion. However I am glad that someone have bothered proving me right (directed at phun lovn)
    If it is faster than RS this just makes it even better since my primary concern was the hourly maximum of downloads (which really pisses me off).

The reason I didn't post the file I uploaded was that I only tried it out with a small lame file. But Tommyboy another time think a second time before deleting a post since my idea was that people could try it out and say what they think

12. ilovecougs

ilovecougs

I hate RS, pisses me off, would love it if we could use an alternative

13. First of all I didn't delete your first post, and second people are experiencing some bugs and pop ups with the site. So I am not in favor of the site.

14. jalabert

jalabert

Sorry bout that then. Just thought so since you've been the major critic of Fastshare

15. linusnc

linusnc Short Pants White Boy ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Thanks for that I can use it to share my U2 with my friends at home :)