1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DVD converting to avi/mpeg/wmv...etc

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by SemiPimpster, Jun 13, 2005.

1. SemiPimpster

SemiPimpster Still Trying to Pimp

Would anyone be so kind as to walk me through how to convert a dvd movie/clip into an avi or mpeg? I'm sure it's not a one step process, but I would like to know the quickest way, while still retaining good quality, to convert so I can post some newer shiznit on this site. Thanks!

2. Deathstrike

Deathstrike

I don't think there is a quick way to do it. You'll need quite a few programs and plus, it takes time. I've only done it once and it wasn't easy.

3. mofo311

mofo311

4. twitslueth

twitslueth

I've just done the exact same thing. I dont want to put you off but holy shit it hard.
    I used upto six programs trying to get the right one for me.

The best and easiest to use is DrDivx. You can get it on a 15 day free trial from divx.com.
    It's very easy to use and you can pick it up dead easy. Unfortunately you wont get a crack for it so you've got 15 days to do what you gotta do.

5. SemiPimpster

Yep, I visited videohelp.com and read through some converting techniques and boy it is hard work. I'll try DrDivx and see how it functions. Thanks for the information!

6. Don Juan

Don Juan

you can also try a program called super dvd ripper, if the dvd has a weak copy protection installed it will convert the dvd into a mpg file, just do a google search for it, i'm sure you'll find it...

7. Heretic

Heretic

Uh... *cough* the crack is part of the file in my sig. "Kick ass file splitter program" => the docta + crack

8. SemiPimpster

Thanks for all the input and suggestions... I will try some programs out.

9. Mastadon77

Mastadon77

I'm gonna try this too, the converter I have doesn't do divx and the files always come out really large. Thanks Heritic!

10. SemiPimpster

Just tried DrDivx and it worked like a fresh condom, no problemo. Thanks Heretic!