1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

CONTENT-STEALING - security alert!!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Crusader276, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Crusader276

Crusader276 Legman ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately that didn't work. :mad: I alway want to talk about this issue, but for some reason I will keep what I want to say in the reply ...

2. Crusader276

....... Some of the active members on the Model Forum may notice that I always put “FUCK KASKOOS” or “FUCK XXXHUNT” between the image lines of my posts. The reason why I do this is to keep my posts from code-stealing and let you guys know that kaskoos.com and xxxhunt forum are stealing ALL of our posts without effort, but this combat strategy doesn’t work and very few Phunners really cares about that.

I’m fed up with this shit, and you guys need to know how serious the code-stealing problem is. Below is a clickable screen capture of my recent post:

[​IMG]

Then take a look at the following pic, you will know what those shit eaters have done: [​IMG]

Some of you may say “you just try to reserve your own posts,” but here’s another example of how Tai’s post was stolen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Believe me, these are just 2 examples and they are definitely not single cases. See the following two links you can see that ALL of the content on KASKOOS and XXXHUNT forum are stolen from Phun:

What’s more irritating, xxxhunt even has a section for stolen content from Phun:
    [​IMG]

The leeching problem is a bitch, but there’s another serious issue the Admins and Mods should pay attention – COULD THIS BOARD BE HACKED?

Take a look a the kaskoos page
    [​IMG]

I don’t believe that code-stealing fuck (probable the same mother fucker who has multiple names there) could post dozens of posts in one minute by copying and pasting. It seems to be done with a leeching/hacking program. Do I have other proof to sustain my guess? Yes. Here’s a screen cap of the profile page of a fucking leecher nicknamed PussyPounder. One baster ask that fuck how to hack a site.
    [​IMG]

Don’t you think this is suspicious? Could Phun be a victim of hacking?

I fucking HATE to see our effort stolen by hose despiteful leechers and I’m worried about the security of Phun, so, dear Admins and Mods, please allow me ask you for clarification:

1. Any possibilities to find all of those leechers/content-stealers’ IP addresses and block them all?

2. Is there possible strategy to prevent thumbnails to be quoted or stolen with certain programs??

3. Is it possible to ban all of long-time members with 0 or very few post? Content-stealers use their accounts only from stealing our work, and that is one major feature of leechers.

4. (Added.) Will any of the crews tell vBulletin about the abuse on those shit sites and ask vBulletin to bar them?

Content stealing is totally outrageous and intolerable, and I’m typing this post with anger and frustration. Hope you guys could brainstorm and discuss how to fight code-stealing.

--Crusader276

3. babs7907

babs7907 Give Me Some Shaved Pussy

I totally agree with you, I can't see a solution except that phun watermarks these pics with their own watermark, if the content is going to be stolen, at least it's going to get stolen with phun's watermarks on it!.

Ramsfan and Crusader276 like this.
  4. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I share your annoyance, Crusader, but it's not the leeching itself that bothers me - they're welcome to the pictures, which didn't cost me anything but time! It's their pirating the code itself that's destructive - the load on one's imagehost (imagevenue, in my case) simply becomes intolerable and they understandably pull the plug - so everybody loses!

Hopefully the blocking of "quotes" on the first post in a thread will combat the situation!

Stalkie, iamnothere and Crusader276 like this.
  5. Crusader276

That's exactly what I'm thinking about, and that was why I kept mosts my words in the reply.

6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I've posted the link to this in the Mod forum, maybe I can answer a couple of questions

1. Any possibilities to find all of those leechers/content-stealers’ IP addresses and block them all?

As far as I know, there is no way to do this. We would need Admin/Mod access to the other forums to get the IP addresses, and then there would be no guarantee that they would match or that we would get the right user. Proxy's make this stuff harder.

2. Is there possible strategy to prevent thumbnails to be quoted or stolen with certain programs??

Maybe not certain programs, but hopefully Cayne can make the necessary vBulliten adjustments to combat this.

3. Is it possible to ban all of long-time members with 0 or very few post? Content-stealers use their accounts only from stealing our work, and that is one major feature of leechers.

That will never happen

4. (Added.) Will any of the crews tell vBulletin about the abuse on those shit sites and ask vBulletin to bar them?

We can pass it along, but I'm not sure what they would be willing to do about it.

iamnothere, Crusader and Crusader276 like this.
  7. Capster

Capster ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

you dont have to worry with people sharing the image code with sharenxs. we will not delete images with high load, we welcome high load.

8. tepris

tepris

content stealing has been a common phenomenon among most of the sites and members
    the only way u can have ur content listed out is either watermarking ur content r pwd protecting ur files, I don't c u having safer data in any other way
    if some one is using ur bandwidth for the pix (such as photobucket probs), then its a worry task else I might not care if some one steals my content

9. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

i doubt there´s a security-issue. phun isn´t "hacked". and it´s no vbulletin-issue.
    same as we have search-engine-spiders that scan phun to add links to their databases we may have "malicious" spiders that collect content from phun to boost their sites.
    no real people - more some kind of "rss-leech". no expert here, but maybe this works via an exploit of the "quote"-feature - so disabling "quote" in the initial post of a thread could help.

nonetheless - for many reasons this sucks. in the end there has to be an owner of all those sites... maybe it´s time for a talk between them and Cayne? if i were Cayne i´d at least try to ask these guys to stop their "stealing".
    maybe the crew of our hoster has more insight-knowledge about blocking spiders...?

Salty Longshanks and Crusader276 like this.
  10. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'm pretty shocked at this. The section where they seem to have ripped off every part of phun is atrocious.

I think putting an "Uploaded at Phun.org" tag would help divert traffic from there to here.

11. S-type

S-type Know when to laugh. Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Not on those sites where the majority of surfers have no English whatsoever! And many of those whose English is adequate don't give a shit anyway! :(

Noodle Panda likes this.
  12. Noodle Panda

Noodle Panda ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Yeah, you're right. Annoying as hell though.

Even if they took the content and took the time to reup or at least come up with their own shit.

13. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

actually it´s just a lame rip-off. they don´t waste the time to copy/paste via

Salty Longshanks and S-type like this.
  14. Twisted86

Twisted86

Know what the real bad part is....the link reporters could camp those 2 forums and mass delete TONS of threads from multiple forums at once.

Still it does suck....I noticed all my threads from my MU days were on that forum too...looks like its been going on for a long time. MU was almost 1y 5m ago.

15. Crusader276

New threat:

A group of Chinese thieves are stealing our posts

Code:
    http://1570. i n f o/forum-92-1.html

16. Crusader276

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

^^ These pictures speak themselves. Hope the Admins would find out who steals our posts.
    :mad: :mad:

17. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Not a lot we can really do, as bad as it is. If you want to alert the mods on their boards that their members are stealing our members' work, they might pay a bit of attention. The only other real alternative is to tag your posts, but we don't want things to come to that.

18. FaileyCyrus

FaileyCyrus Grande for Ariana

From the screenshots he provided, it appears that member is an admin over there.

19. Iron_Slash

Iron_Slash Guest

What do you want we all do now? We can't stop this since people are "maniac" and got no-life. Those unhappy children will stay unhappy, that's all. We can only post and enjoy.

20. Crusader276

Content theft:

Code:
    http://www.exbii.com/showthread.php?p=17401923#post17401923

Any chance to ask the owner of ShareXS & Imageheven to ban that fucking board?