1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Attention All Mods - Forum Ideas!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Galokin, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Galokin

Galokin om nom nom nom

ok so here it is, ive only been a member couple weeks now...but i really enjoy browsing these forums and you, as well as I have noticed a h00ge increase on posts/threads on the forum.

Its getting hard to keep up with threads and i think that a few more sections should be added to the forum to help keep things 'tidier'.

Such as a Video only section, a picture only section...etc

Im sure you might agree this may be benificial, but then im not a mind reader!

Also, im not sure how but i think spam should be sorted out some how...it gets annoying when you go to look at a new thread and all there is, is a stupid lil link that sends u to every shite page on the planet!

...and im spent!

thanks,

Galokin.

2. cayne

cayne Guest

First of all, I'm not a big fan of many categories. I'd rather prefer to have everything on one place. But of course that's not deciding. More important is the fact that ppl simply just post babe pics and nothing else. So if I make 2 sub forums with e.g. "movies" and "funny pics" - they would both be nearly empty, cause everybody sticks to the babe-forum.
    You see it in the general forum (that's open for everything pics + movies + REGULAR discussion (you nearly don't have here something like "discussions" - but hey if ppl prefer to post/look at babes, instead of talking about their lifes, that's cool! :))) it's more or less dead compared to the babe-forum. If I see that ppl start posting like crazy in the general forum, I would consider to add more forums...

3. Galokin

Galokin om nom nom nom

ok fair do's...was just expressing an opinion.

4. cayne

cayne Guest

That's a good thing. Feedback is very important for me!

5. tym2kevinate

tym2kevinate

Cayne, As a new member, I have been hosting videos from my own site provided by my university and sharing it with the community. However, there are many lurkers who take over the downloads and thus leaves the members of Phun.org with nothing. Is there any way that ONLY members can access the video file?

6. phun luvn

phun luvn

Cayne, just wanted you to know that your mods are doing a great job, i miss posted tonight and made a not in it and before i knew it they moved it to the trash.

GOOD JOB PHUN MODS

7. sandino

sandino Jessica's Pimp

yup, the double post...just wanted you to know that your guardian angels are watching over you...hahahahaha

8. cayne

cayne Guest

@tym2kevinate
    Sorry mate, there is not really a possiblity to do this.

@phun luvn
    You're damn right man! This forum would be completely overloaded with shit, without sandino and linusnc!!

9. flippydafrog

flippydafrog

someone has got to do something with people spamming posting links to www.pimpincity.com

10. Sum Yung Gi

Sum Yung Gi

I keep thinking (and maybe I'm full of crap) that the board's automatic censor could be used.

I've been on other boards of this type, and the administrators there had an automatic censor feeture running. Like, if you wrote "Hitchcock", it automatically changed it to "Hitch****". After a while some whiner complained about "pussy", so "pussy" got added to the list of censored words.

Ok, so what if the automatic censor was turned on, but instead of using it to censor "fuck" and "shit" and whatever, the only thing put in the words list were the names of spam websites. Start with "pimpincity", and next thing you know, the spammers find their links to their crappy online game don't work, and they stop posting them.

Can that be done? Seems to me like a perfect solution if it can be done.

11. cayne

cayne Guest

Yeah, it can be done for text, but I don't know how to do it for links - it should go too, but I have to find out how.

12. I am all for a vid section, all I have been putting up is vids. My idea is this lets have a private section just for vids. Not little 1 - 5 minute clips but full scenes of 15 min+ videos. I am willing to to put up 2 - 3 a day. I am using you send it currently until I have a better solution. You make this section for members who are willing to post videos and let a mod choose the members based posts. That way all the people looking to get free vids are kept out.

13. cayne

cayne Guest

I will discuss this with the mods.

14. BBLB

BBLB

Now this is a good Idea .. I must go start capping some vids so that I can contribute incase this comes in to fruition

15. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

I'm not for it. I don't want passes on any forum or privelages. I think we can entice people to do what we want by letting them see what they are missing out. If we hide the content then they won't bother but just look at what they got for free and move on. It's called bribery. You dangle something they can see but if you hold back the link untill they do what you want then they might budge. My opinion.